Dynadot

Yahoo and DMOZ question

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Newbie question:

I am a bit confused regarding expired or deleted listed Yahoo or DMOZ domains.

It seems like a domain deleted from a listing in either of these directories might be a drawback for that domain.

On the other hand, an expired domain that is still listed on either directory would be a positive for that domain in terms of traffic and would be in demand.

Right?

Also do these 2 directories clean out their listings of domains when a given domain expires?

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Originally posted by rak147
It seems like a domain deleted from a listing in either of these directories might be a drawback for that domain.
True

On the other hand, an expired domain that is still listed on either directory would be a positive for that domain in terms of traffic and would be in demand.
True again

Also do these 2 directories clean out their listings of domains when a given domain expires?

It would take a lot of checking to see if every name in the database has expired or changed categories, so I think they would only change/remove listings if requested. Others may correct me.

•••
If an expired domain is still listed in Yahoo or DMOZ is there much value in a general sense to that domain even if other linking stats show very small numbers or 0?

•••
depends on which category.

•••
It depends on the domain itself, the category,the keywords. etc.

Actually the listing on these direc. isnt much of a value enhancer for domains.

•••
Yahoo probably does it. Their have a full staff.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back