Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

ALXRGB

Established Member
Impact
WORDPRESS DOMAINS!!!

WPCLOUDS.COM
Could be big. ESPECIALLY to the right buyer. But I could be wrong. Turning to you lot of experts here.

WPUSR.COM
Tutorial site? Forum? Lot's of options here I feel for one of the fastest growing development platforms around.

Please, Let me know you you wonderful people think.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
isn't wordpress trademarked :o ?

•••
There’s a company called WPEngine so why not WPClouds? I think it has potential. The singular would be better though.

•••
Yeah WordPress is, Plenty of companies use the WP moniker to get around it and nobody's had any trouble. WPcould.com without the "S" in clouds sold for about 10k

•••
There’s a company called WPEngine so why not WPClouds? I think it has potential. The singular would be better though.
Yup, the singular sold for 10k.. There has got to be some value even with the "s" thrown on there. Kinda makes sense if aimed towards hosting.

As in "check out all these clouds we got" haha

Last edited:
•••
I would be a little apprehensive about adding Wordpress...there is grounds to sue riding on a name. If it hasn't happened yet, doesn't mean it wont. If there's nothing good to sue for, then maybe nothing. If you become successful...I would be worried, especially if I am not diligent in trademark law (I'm not, but its enough to make me think twice riding on a company name, thinking its 100% ok)

Last edited:
•••
I would be a little apprehensive about adding Wordpress...there is grounds to sue riding on a name. If it hasn't happened yet, doesn't mean it wont. If there's nothing good to sue for, then maybe nothing. If you become successful...I would be worried, especially if I am not diligent in trademark law (I'm not, but its enough to make me think twice riding on a company name, thinking its 100% ok)
By adding "Wordpress" you mean "WP" ? I don't think it would be too egregious to encourage a lawsuit so long as it's geared towards privately hosting their platform, which they don't do.

EDIT: I appreciate all the feedback!

Last edited:
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back