IT.COM

Wow! DomainHop account deleted?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hello Everyone,

Lately I have been using Sedo.com for all of my parking needs but I still had some domains at domainhop to reach the $100 mark to get paid again.. well I went to check my domains today and here my username no longer exists? However my domains still show a parking page?

Man I can't believe they would delete my account or put the domains on another account?

What should I do about this?

Regards,
Jarrod

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Contact them about it. Did you do that yet? We can tell you what we think, but only they can tell you the truth.

•••
I've heard many stories about domainhop cancelling accounts for nothing. That's why I dont use them. In your case, I would suggest to email them and ask what have u done wrong.

•••
Who do you use?

sufi said:
I've heard many stories about domainhop cancelling accounts for nothing. That's why I dont use them. In your case, I would suggest to email them and ask what have u done wrong.

Who do you use? I really need to know because I have about 35 domains parked there and with this being my third month in the game I was just about to clear the $100 level. I need to know if others are more honest!

•••
As described in another DH thread, when DH cancelled my account, no explanation was given either. My emails to them went unanswered. I consider myself fortunate - at least I didn't have any clickthrough earnings when the account got canned, unlike many here.

I use Fabulous now.

•••
Domain Hop- Den of thieves

Domain Hop is is a dishonest company. They cancelled my account without explanation also.
As their problems become worse, they behave more like thieves.
They will probably be out of business soon, leaving hundreds high and dry. It's just a matter of time. When companies near bankruptcy, most of the time they become so desperate and jaded they will sell out their own mother.
Either they have laid off support staff and/or wish to hide behind their crappy interface. Either way, avoid the headache and park with a company who will be around for a while.... IMHO of course.

•••
Do they cancel so they do not need to pay? They sound like trouble

•••
slaughterbeck said:
Who do you use? I really need to know because I have about 35 domains parked there and with this being my third month in the game I was just about to clear the $100 level. I need to know if others are more honest!

I try to get as many of mine with Godaddy and I have transfered a few to them. Another registrar I have had a good experience with is domaindiscount24.com (they are linked to Sedo as well).

Good Luck!

EDIT: oops sorry :red: ... never read the thread properly

Last edited:
•••
They definitely are not on the ball over there - I'm just trying to get my final payment out of them ATM .... and most likely will stop Parking altogether afterwards. It's getting to be a business of Great Promises that are Broken way too much .....

•••
sorry to hear of your sad stories guys!...i am paid my $xxx monthly without any problem...so far

•••
Well according to ArmStrong's reply and a few others I'm not even going to bother, I had about 10+ names there but all low traffic.. They can keep my money because I've emailed them a couple times before and went unanswered as well..

I would not suggest them!! :(

•••
I started to put some names up w/ DomainHop, but withdrew because I didn't like the generic look of their directory pages. My thinking at the time, (whether accurate or not), was that the #of clicks would be higher at a page w/ links that were more relevant and both Fabulous or Sedo had more subject specific affiliates and both offer/ed the oppurtunity for customization. I tried bringing this up a few times at the PPC board, but the only feedback I got was that DH or another newcomer were the way to go because of their high ppc payouts. Heck, I recall someone mentioning they were off to cash the $10,000 check that they had just received from one of them. I gave DH the benefit of the doubt figuring that the new guy on the block was simply more innovative or had out-hussled the competition and had cut better deals w/ their affiliates. In the end, I probably would have jumped ship had I not just put in the effort of hand picking the categories and keywords for some 850+ names I had just parked at Sedo, and I just didn't want to go through the hassle of moving everything again.

It's fairly transparent as to what is going on here, w/ so many reports of accts being dropped just prior to the $100 mininum payout and emails not being answered. I daresay that a sizeable % of their customers are members here, so this exposure and publicity is not going to help their effort. Hope someone there picks up on this, addresses the problem and people end up getting paid what is due.

Last edited:
•••
I must admit I have had good results so far (Even sold a name from the "for sale" link at the top of one of the parked pages) with DomainHop, although I've certainly heard a great deal of negative press about them. For that reason, I don't park as much with them as I might have otherwise, but (KNOCK ON WOOD) so far so good.
-Allan

•••
Just thought I'd post to say I fall into the group of people burned by DomainHop.One day with no explanation I could not login to my account,later in the day when I got to the login screen it said the account was deleted.
They never once answered my emails and they owed me about $70.Avoid them.I'd rather be paid less at Sedo than take the chance of being robbed by DomainHop.

•••
Wow I really didn't know this has happened to so many people, maybe if I was aware of this I would of took the first $50 and left.

Sucks that I am out my $30 or whatever it was :(

•••
Contact them immediatly! Ask them why has your account been delete.

•••
DS cancelled my account without explanation too but they paid me.

•••
ANY company that cancels accounts w/o so much as an e-mail / warning or discussion is not long for this world.

I say SO LONG to them and their very, very sad "business model."

I would be willing to bet that a LARGE percentage of those who
have had their accounts cancelled at DH also had some REFERRALS they were making
revenue from too. I know at least one person this happened to.

>>>>>>>>>>>>> Now DH can keep the "referral money" too.

Thankfully, there are quasi-consumer advocacy forums like this to expose the good,
the bad and the very ugly, and slimy...

IMHO.

•••
DomainLoot said:
ANY company that cancels accounts w/o so much as an e-mail / warning or discussion is not long for this world.

I say SO LONG to them and their very, very sad "business model."

I would be willing to bet that a LARGE percentage of those who
have had their accounts cancelled at DH also had some REFERRALS they were making
revenue from too. I know at least one person this happened to.

>>>>>>>>>>>>> Now DH can keep the "referral money" too.

Thankfully, there are quasi-consumer advocacy forums like this to expose the good,
the bad and the very ugly, and slimy...

IMHO.

As a matter of fact I had 4 active referrals.. sadly...
>:(

•••
DH cancelled my account for no reason and without warning...i emailed them....they never replied....fortunately, i didnt have many domains parked there anymore because of their crappy revenu....

•••
I work at an ISP

I work at an ISP.

Could I make money off of domain parking and pay resellers? is that actually a worthy business?

•••
PremiumHostednet said:
As a matter of fact I had 4 active referrals.. sadly...
>:(

I figured that - the person I know had 2 VERY ACTIVE REFERRALS.

Soon enough all/most "domainers" will move away from DH and then they're done.

IMHO.

•••
Dillpup said:
Just thought I'd post to say I fall into the group of people burned by DomainHop.One day with no explanation I could not login to my account,later in the day when I got to the login screen it said the account was deleted.
They never once answered my emails and they owed me about $70.Avoid them.I'd rather be paid less at Sedo than take the chance of being robbed by DomainHop.

Ditto! Same here. My account at DH was deleted exactly after I reached my first payout amount. Never got any answers to my e-mails, never got paid.

•••
Instead of promoting/marketing their business they seem to be pushing the domainers away. Do they think deleting accounts can make their business better?

Just a sad business model...

•••
I've read a lot of complaints from advertisers either and most of Kanoodle's Major advertisers are now backing out D-:

Just a speculation;

Since a lot of thoes major advertisers are dropping Kanoodle then.... they're now short on sponsor funds to feed the publishers? Thus, DH drops publishers acc?

Whelp, they owed me some low $x,xxx when they kicked me out of the biz :( Yeah, really bad :(

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back