Domain Empire

question Would you buy 'yourname.io' or yourname.xyz?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Candace

Broker at Starfire HoldingsTop Member
Starfire Holdings
Impact
So it looks like christopher.io, chris.io, john.io, mike.io,richard.io and may others are all registered.

Would you buy yourname.io or yourname.xyz if it was still available? If you would, what would you use it for? A blog, flip it, brand for your company?

It'll be great to hear your thoughts.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
My name has multiple ways it can be spelled, and it is similar to other variations also, so no, it's too confusing. I already have firstlast .com anyway. If you expand your search to the multitude of ccTLDs, lots more come up, I played with names for friends and family.

Sometimes it just looks weird though, especially to lay people who don't know there's anything other than com. I passed on getting initials of a friend FD in GY (Guyana) because it looked/read like fudgy to us!

•••
usernamex, are you from Guyana?

•••
If u don't know io in italian means I or me (depends).
io sono -> I am
sono io -> that's me
jack.me = jack.io in italian language.
so yourname.io fit perfectly.

•••
.io is suitable for a web developer.

•••
I like .io over .xyz. If I had myname.io, I'd use it for status updates. I think that makes the most sense, to use it as a personal blog. :)

•••
•••
i think no...
idk why hihi

•••
no ... because im not famous :P

•••
I don't like either!
I'd stick with dotcom as usual. dotcom is King!
I've already registered my name :)
Winnerman.com

•••
I would pick .io over .xyz.
But I have no need for my first name domain. What exactly would I use it for? I don't even want my lastname.com (available)
I prefer brandable/impersonal domains.
And for email I only use com/net - that way I don't have to worry that someone will be confused and make a mistake ([email protected]? Wait, you mean @domainxyz.com? or @domain.xyz.com?)

•••
No. In neither of those extensions...

•••
I don't even need myname.com (I own it though), so no need to go for either of extensions (io and xyz)

•••
If I had to pick one it would be .io only because i could maybe do a hack with sb on the end of my name making it Namesb.io

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back