Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 31, 2026.

Wordpress & Shopping Cart plugin...

SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch
Impact
633
How well do Wordpress templates work for emommerce sites? Apparently there is a shopping cart plugin but I've read mixed reviews. Has anybody here used the plugin? How well does it work? What about Wordpress integration with paypal? Does that work?

The shopping cart won't get a lot of use - anywhere from maybe 0 to 10 transactions a month. But I would of course like it to work well, when needed.
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
[FONT=Helvetica,Arial]There are several I use depending on the site and functionality I need.

YAK for Wordpress is good because it tracks inventory, does reporting, handles downloads, and accepts multiple forms of payment, but does not have AJAX functionality like some of the others. It is also a bit complicated to use for selling multiple items in one post.

Quick Shop is better at selling multiple items per post, and includes a donation feature, but there is no admin section like in Yak where you can track quantities or see all the items currently being sold.

Then there's my own plugin Drop Cart, which does the AJAX, includes real-time visitor/cart analytics and is able to run without Wordpress, however it's still in the beta phase, so I wouldn't recommend using it on a live site.

I can show you examples of sites that use all three if you need. Each of them runs just fine without requiring changes to your template.[/FONT]
 
0
•••
AIVikingsAIVikings

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover

NamePros updates

Scheduled posts now show a small calendar icon
When NamePros posts something for you on a schedule, you will now see a small calendar icon before its date. Move your mouse over the...
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back