IT.COM

discuss Will Robots Take My Job?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Silentptnr

Domains88.comTop Member
Impact
Came across an interesting article and thought I would share...

Will robots take your job? These jobs may be automated in the future...
A new website hopes to answer a question in the mindsof many people -- "Will my job be automated?"

If youre a priest, podiatrist, dentist, or photographer, you can expect to stay employed, according to the site. If youre a technical writer, taxi cab driver, or accountant, you might want to start retraining.

Willrobotstakemyjob.com was created by a developer and graphic designer, Mubashar Iqbal and Dimitar Raykov respectively, whod read a paper by a pair of Oxford economists whoset out topredict which jobs were most likely to be automated in the future. Iqbal and Raykov decided to make the results ofthe paper more accessible.

On the site, users can type an occupation, such as teacher, and select from a list of associated professions, like teacher assistants (56 percent chanceof automation), choreographers (0.4 percent), or animal trainers (10 percent). Youre also free to view jobs at random. We did, and found that stonemasons have an 89 percent chance of being automated.

Read the full article here: http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2017/05...ob-these-jobs-may-be-automated-in-future.html

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I hardly think Robots or Computers will take up my job. Because my job itself is to teach computers about how to take jobs of others. In short I am a programmer.

Low level programming and other stuff will be outdated but high end programming with custom logic will remain there until AI hasn't breached the ANI or ASI levels.

•••
•••
I disagree that robots will ever be better writers,of any kind, than a human being with emotions, experiences, personality and insight. Maybe we should be more worried about the robots selling domains..:xf.rolleyes:

•••
News articles for major publications are already being written by bots like Wordsmith - especially things like earnings reports, financial results, business activity - it's not "better" and lacks human insight, but it's fine for the boring articles like those.

I question their predictions on things like stonemasons, painters, paperhangers - especially for residential work. Fully automating those jobs may be possible, but the cost of the technology and need for specialized machinery would make it unfeasible - at least in the time frame they indicate.

•••
One robot already took this job...

BotJob / Com ;)

•••
Robot scripts took over your domaining job a long time ago LOL
itwasntme.gif

•••
•••
An advance programmed computer / robot would probably do domaining better than most of us. And it is already in use.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back