Dynadot

discuss Which Domain Registrar is the best & will dominate 2017 ?

NameSilo
Watch

Wich Domain Registrar is now the best & will dominate 2017 ?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Aeverver

votes
    0.0%
  • BigRock

votes
    0.0%
  • CrazyDomains

votes
    0.0%
  • Dynadot

vote
    4.2%
  • Epik

votes
    8.3%
  • GoDaddy

votes
    37.5%
  • Google Domains

votes
    8.3%
  • NameCheap

votes
    12.5%
  • UniRegistry

votes
    29.2%
  • OnlyDomains

votes
    0.0%
  • 1&1

votes
    0.0%
  • 101Domain

vote
    4.2%
  • West.xyz

votes
    8.3%
  • Other ( post in thread )

vote
    4.2%
  • United Domains

votes
    0.0%
  • NameSilo

votes
    29.2%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Michael Ehrhardt

Top Member
Impact
Wich Domain Registrar is the best and will dominate 2017 ?

i done a lot of research for domain registrars
where i want to register and market my domain names in 2017

for me there are only :

CheckDomains.de
Epik.com
NameCheap.com
One.com
OnlyDomains.com
UniRegistry.com
West.xyz

i tried a lot but most are complicated and expensive

Compare by :

Chat
Cheap
Discounts
Easy
Price
Safety
Service
Support
Tools

Domains-pruefen-und-registrieren-1024x576-2a412c7749003889.jpg

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Namesilo is a pretty big one that I didn't see on the list. I know there is "other" but a lot of people here use them.

•••
Namesilo is a pretty big one that I didn't see on the list. I know there is "other" but a lot of people here use them.

thank you
i will take a look @ them too

honestly : first impression
the Frontpage isn,t very nice

will take another look later

Last edited:
•••
•••
GD ofcourse:)

honestly :
i don,t understand GoDaddy
the Auction is confusing
even when you check some domains it says available , so you are happy and than... it,s gone
that,s why i transferred all my domains from Godaddy to Uniregistry year ago

Godaddy is way to complicated...

•••
namecheap and namesilo. especially the last one. cheap price and free privacy. that's all i need.

•••
namecheap and namesilo. especially the last one. cheap price and free privacy. that's all i need.

i like namecheap

you don,t need support ?
market ?
safety ?

•••
Google and GoDaddy will probably dominate - which one will be best? Well, that's a different matter. :)

•••
i like namecheap

you don,t need support ?
market ?
safety ?

sure, i need those also

and they both provide good support and safety. don't really know about the market, but namesilo also has a marketplace for you to sell domain. just like godaddy or dynadot.

•••
sure, i need those also

and they both provide good support and safety. don't really know about the market, but namesilo also has a marketplace for you to sell domain. just like godaddy or dynadot.

did you tried Uniregistry.com ?
i got most results @ Uni

•••
just try to register @ Godaddy ( to give them another chance )
but i couldnt check out...

Your order is almost complete.

We know you're busy, so we saved the products you left in your cart.
Save 40%* today.
Save on your new purchases. Keep shopping to rack up the savings.
Act fast—this offer ends December 22, 2016. Use promo code bb994a40 in your cart when you order.
Item(s) in your cart:

•••
honestly :
the Auction is confusing
even when you check some domains it says available , so you are happy and than... it,s gone

The problem with Uniregistry is their market search function is worthless. Seems to me it is really set up for direct navigation sales, someone typing in the exact name and finding it on Uniregistry. But there is no way to search for a class of domains, like 5N.com or 4L.com, etc.

•••
The problem with Uniregistry is their market search function is worthless. Seems to me it is really set up for direct navigation sales, someone typing in the exact name and finding it on Uniregistry. But there is no way to search for a class of domains, like 5N.com or 4L.com, etc.

did you told this to Sevan ? or Support ?

•••
did you told this to Sevan ? or Support ?
Yes and Frank P. They say they're working on it but I'm not sure this is really a priority.

I was hoping that Uniregistry would create a liquid marketplace like ename is for the Chinese. But to do this there needs to be low transaction fees and no listing fees or minimum sales price. I think ename charges 3% of the sales price with no minimum charge. This allows names to be traded in high volume on the low end. Uniregistry charges 10% which is ok, but I was told this may be going up to 15% with the possibility of a minimum charge, just like every other major Western marketplace. That would ruin any chance of a liquid market. It also needs a serviceable search feature for finding the names you're interested in, like ename, West.xyz, and all the other Chinese platforms.

Last edited:
•••
Epik all the way.
Super friendly professional staff, secure and best value for money.

•••
honestly :
the Auction is confusing

That happened to me a few days ago, the domain name was in my cart and then it disappeared, and was registered by some one else hours later.

•••
That happened to me a few days ago, the domain name was in my cart and then it disappeared, and was registered by some one else hours later.
If it's an expired auction or closeout, that may be because the owner decided to renew it.

•••
If it's an expired auction or closeout, that may be because the owner decided to renew it.
That may be so the domain name is...vrgames.at

•••

Godaddy is nuts
Sorry

•••
•••
101domain is very function friendly and responds with concern, uniregistry, well, they are just elite. Godaddy is old comfortable shoes and drag the dog around with you solid.

•••
Definitely not Enom or Namecheap because of terrible support.

Godaddy will keep the lion's share, with maybe a smaller company growing to fill the void of the current state of terrible support provided by most of the big registrars.

•••
Howcome name.com is not listed?...... I think they are awesome... :)

•••
Doubt anyone will slow the beast growth of GoDaddy as their extensive advertising makes them a household name . Non domainers haven't heard of many of the others.

Last edited:
•••
i love name.com - they are a little more expensive, but i feel secure with them

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back