Dynadot

WhyPark or wait for IMODO?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I am new here but have had domains for awhile but have never done anything with them. I just bought them when it hit me. After reading various articles, I realized I must be crazy not to at least do some kind of mini site or park them...I have about 25 from various places...So I decided try a couple out...I put one on Sedo...and one on 1plus.net a few days ago. Of course neither has made any money yet! I have read a lot about Whypark here on the boards and it seems the general consensus is that it is worth the $100.00. Would you all recommend putting more domains on the places I have them, go ahead and splurge on Whypark, or wait for IMODO? Or should I focus on the two I have listed in my sig. and try to market them? Sorry for all the questions...Thanks for your thoughts...

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think a 100 bucks is next to nothing. I can't think of any other article based hosting that comes for $1 per domain for a lifetime of hosting. Importantly, you can add your own articles, graphics, RSS feeds, text links, even change the template. What more can anyone ask for?

1plus is the next best solution. It is free to join, but they do take a percentage from your adsense earnings. So it's actually not free. I would prefer to have complete control of my earnings and total flexibility of monetizing my domain with any ad network or affiliate. Thats where whypark scores over all the rest.

Actually by now, people have almost stopped asking the question, "why the 100 bucks?". Almost 16000 domains are on whypark. Believe me, if it was free it would have had 10 times the current number.

Here's their domain trend as per webhosting.info

whypark.jpg

•••
I would recommend developing them of moving them to bodis.com

bodis has been getting great results.

good luck

•••
Hi Dars, all of the above suggestions are probably good ideas..

Whatever you try, there is no "quick fix" solution to domaining. I smile to myself when people say this domain works best here, it gets more visitors here yadda yadda, this parking company have increased my earnings.

Whilst its probably true, there are always simple explanations to all things domaining - pitfalls and reasons why something works better at one place than it does the other. And the reason is never because one parking company has a magic box of tricks that the other doesnt. The reason is more luck than chance.

I dont know of a single domain parking launch that hasnt begun with "this is the best thing since sliced bread" only to become 8 months later "whats happened with xyz parking recently, my earnings are crap"...

iMODO is something very different to anything seen before. Whether its better or worse than the others remains to be seen, but were hoping that as something thats taken our company nearly 6 months of full time work to bring to the fore it actually will be something unique and special.

A number of namepros members are helping us finalise the platform and we should be ready for a public launch sometime in the next week or so.

Thanks for the enquiry.

•••
Remove your links from sig. line.
I believe it's against any parking companies TOS.
DarsNet said:
I am new here but have had domains for awhile but have never done anything with them. I just bought them when it hit me. After reading various articles, I realized I must be crazy not to at least do some kind of mini site or park them...I have about 25 from various places...So I decided try a couple out...I put one on Sedo...and one on 1plus.net a few days ago. Of course neither has made any money yet! I have read a lot about Whypark here on the boards and it seems the general consensus is that it is worth the $100.00. Would you all recommend putting more domains on the places I have them, go ahead and splurge on Whypark, or wait for IMODO? Or should I focus on the two I have listed in my sig. and try to market them? Sorry for all the questions...Thanks for your thoughts...

•••
Thanks for all the great input!

As for the links in the sig., I guess I just saw most people posting seemed to have them so I jumped on the bandwagon...Thanks Copper for the info though. I will take a closer look at the TOS. I Didn't even think it would be an issue...Guess I still have lots to learn!

•••
Badger said:
I dont know of a single domain parking launch that hasnt begun with "this is the best thing since sliced bread" only to become 8 months later "whats happened with xyz parking recently, my earnings are crap"...

While this is true, I've had crap earnings everywhere but at bodis.
And I get the feeling this is only going to get better.

Badger said:
iMODO is something very different to anything seen before. Whether its better or worse than the others remains to be seen, but were hoping that as something thats taken our company nearly 6 months of full time work to bring to the fore it actually will be something unique and special.

I'm quite looking forward to this too,
have enough domains to pass around, ;)
Unique and Special are my fave words...

If it gets more revenue it'll be welcome,
40% jump in registrations this year I'm told.

•••
Varon said:
I think a 100 bucks is next to nothing. I can't think of any other article based hosting that comes for $1 per domain for a lifetime of hosting. Importantly, you can add your own articles, graphics, RSS feeds, text links, even change the template. What more can anyone ask for?

Exactly. You get more control than at any other parker. I would like to see them provide more content in terms of SEO and monetization tips. But then, I guess that's why I hang out so much at namepros!

•••
Badger said:
Hi Dars, all of the above suggestions are probably good ideas..

Whatever you try, there is no "quick fix" solution to domaining. I smile to myself when people say this domain works best here, it gets more visitors here yadda yadda, this parking company have increased my earnings.

Whilst its probably true, there are always simple explanations to all things domaining - pitfalls and reasons why something works better at one place than it does the other. And the reason is never because one parking company has a magic box of tricks that the other doesnt. The reason is more luck than chance.

A number of namepros members are helping us finalise the platform and we should be ready for a public launch sometime in the next week or so.

Thanks for the enquiry.

I use whypark, And have excellent results, And it is a good alternative to domain parking, BUT....I am extremly eager to see iMODO, Because i know there has been months of hard work and preparation going into it, And i feel it is going to be something very special...Badger...I have held on for months, Awaiting the launch of iMODO, Another week is about as long as i can wait, The excitment and curiosity is killing me! I will be there on opening day:)

•••
Badger:

Just one suggestion to you regarding iMoDo:

We found that when we click the result for our domain in search engine, it took visitors to your homepage at 1plus.net..................I thought redirecting people from search engines to your homepage was "not good" so we immediately stopped using 1plus.net

I even posted about it then and you wanted me to email your tech support...........for me it was just untrustworthy practice. We did not move the rest of our 1000s of domains after our initial little test.

May be you can avoid that when you launch imodo.

All the best.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back