Dynadot

discuss Why increased demand for LLLL (without a,e,i,o,u,v)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi,

Just wondering why there seems to be increased demand for LLLL.com names without (a,e,i,o,u,v)???

Did I miss a memo somewhere?

TIA,
DN

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Probably because the consonants are more likely to be used as acronyms for businesses. But I don't see why they should be improving over LLLL's including vowels, because they make for good short brandables.

•••
Because if it's your turn and you have some money, Mr. Sajak will let you buy a vowel.

•••
The real reason is the demand from china domainers. LLLL without aeiou may be the abbr of chinese pinyin, namely the initial letters of four chinese character company names. In fact, seldom companies use such domain names. Ender users for LLLL without a,e,i,o,u are only the good expections of domainer...

•••
Thanks for the replies. I was reading the weekly sales at dnjournal, and noticed this comment (about 3-letter domain names, but it seems like it is spilling over to 4-letter domain names now)

A lot of this week's 3-letter domains included letters like J, K, Q, W, X and Z that were once regarded by many as less letters because fewer English words begin with them than most other letters in the alphabet (thus limiting the number of potential buyers for an acronym containing those letters). However, with China emerging as one of the top (if not the top) market for short .com domains that is changing rapidly as words (and place names) with these letters are widely used and very popular there.

I noticed when I filtered my 4-letter domain names to remove (a, e, i ,o ,u, v), all of my remaining names were filled with the letters like J, K, Q, W, X, Z. And the WHOIS searches (people checking the WHOIS on my names) seems to be growing on a daily basis

Also, have received random emails (from what looks to be from China) with offers to buy these types of domain names for $150 - $200 (the offers look legit vs. all the spam emails I usually get).

•••
Because the optimum patterns for vowel letters in LLLL.Com domains are:
Vowel-Consonant (VCVC)
Consonant-Vowel (CVCV)
All Vowels

•••
So what the "best" Pinyin Letters ?

•••
Hi,
Just wondering why there seems to be increased demand for LLLL.com names without (a,e,i,o,u,v)???
Did I miss a memo somewhere?
TIA,
DN

Yes, you missed the memo :xf.cool:.

Remember all of those $20 4L's with non vowels from a few years back... well now you can sell them for $350 and up right here on the forums. If you get a qq account and start messaging other Chinese 4L owners form recent acquisitions you can get $500 - $1000 for each one. It all depends on the name of course.

Domains without a,e,i,o,u,v are in the class of "PinYin" domains.

Read More:
https://www.namepros.com/threads/current-llll-market-situation.865701/page-2#post-4912344

If you bought a bunch of them; congratulations. My advice would be to trim the fat and start selling while the iron is hot. Hold onto your best ones for possible future 'big' sales.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back