IT.COM

Why do some high traffic websites don't use Google AdSense?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Why do some high traffic websites don't use Google Adsense?

For instance, Namepros. I know a few other high traffic sites that don't use them like plentyoffish.com. They used to and made like $900,000 in one month.

Is it because Google banned them? Or could they make more by selling it themselves?

Websiteoutlook.com estimates that namepros can make over $1000 per day. It's pretty accurate too (at least for my websites).

That is $30,000 a month for namepros! Why would anyone not put Google Adsense for $30,000 a month?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
pof has their own advertising network so they don't have to split revenue with google. Namepros probably same thing? I had a friend making 6 figures just from google adsense a year but he cancelled because the ads were conflicting the articles. eg reasons not to gamble and there are gambling ads or natural ways of losing weight through healthy eating and exercise and there are ads selling weight loss pills and some of his customers think he might be endorsing the ads. Also, selling your own products or affiliates would earn much more than a click from google. It might have been a one dollar click but if its an affiliate product, then it could be a hundred dollars or more.

•••
Namepros do use AdSense. Check ads at bottom.

Other sites might have lost their AdSense long ago or they have better Advertising deals.

•••
Sell targeted ads

Namepros sell their own ad space. I'm thinking of selling ads on one of my sites thats getting decent traffic and I'm sure the people buying the ads would want me to pull the adsense ads. No problem if the price is right.

•••
it depends on the traffic to site as well...

i have a site with unique visitors a month is 13879

yet they dont click or buy much because the site is about free stuff, and i thing they stick to that spirit

•••
I think many sites choose not to use Google Adsense because they do not have enough visitors to make it worth it. A friend of mine has a site with thousands of visitors a month and he said that he finds the Google Adsense makes his site look less professional and that it's not worth the 200 dollars a month he can earn with it.

•••
I'm pretty sure you can make more money from finding advertisers directly and using affiliate programs, rather than adsense. With adsense you have to share your income with Google.

It makes sense that if we all had the skills and time we'd all sell advertising directly. I think higher traffic websites probably have more time to devote to managing revenue, and finding potential advertisers.

•••
I'm pretty sure you can make more money from finding advertisers directly and using affiliate programs, rather than adsense.

And if you ARE able to make money from either of those methods (or if you're trying to get clients for a business or sell a product) it doesn't make sense to run Adsense too because it sends your visitors away from your site.

It comes down to ROI. Do you get a better return from your traffic by keeping it on-site/on-page or sending it elsewhere for a few cents (to a dollar or two) a click?

Last edited:
•••
If direct advertisement offer you got that would be more profitable then why you join adsense.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back