Whiz.in

SpaceshipSpaceship
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

tk

Established Member
Impact
19
Reviews and information for Whiz.in
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
Review

I have used Whiz lately for over 50 co.in, .info, and a few .com . No problems at all. Can't beat the $1.75 .info.

Frank
 
Last edited:
0
•••
Review

Positive:

Price is cheaper than other registrars , especially .in . Good customer service, fast respond. Easy to use script to search for available domain. Can pay with NP$! Great value for money.

Negative:

Always have problem when I want to pay. I try to pay with paypal/credit card option but have problem. If I need to pay I have to add fund to my account first. The cheapest way to pay is using NP$. The interface got problem sometimes show error message when I click on a link . Other than that Whiz.in is still a great registrar!
 
Last edited:
0
•••
Yes you can pay using NP$...See my signature

The interface is configured to work so that you can only pay after you "Add funds". Can you send email to [email protected] ... if you are having other problems, as I am not aware that there is a issue with Paypal gateway & it would be good to know so i can fix it.
 
0
•••
Very good domain registrar

Great registar, the customer support is superior!
 
0
•••
Cheap products = poor service

good for cheap prices but would consider paying a bit more to get a professional customer service. In case you think I was asking to much ... euhm I dont think so ... basic problems from domain name registration and double charging etcetera is what i have had to deal with ... and that was the minimum of all my problems.

P.S. Congratulations if you live in India or the US, because us european people have to phone up a US or Indian phone number to get the so called 'customer service'
 
0
•••
Review

I've spent over $1,000 in reg fees at Whiz.in (just checked my billing statement) over the past 6 months, and I've never had any serious issues. Member Tk has always helped me when I needed it, but that wasn't often because I've been using the same system for a couple years at various other domain sites, and I'm comfortable with it (Directi/ResellersClub).

I should warn everybody, the interface does have some quirks, but that's not exclusive to Whiz.in, it's the same with all the other sites that use it.

Overall, I have to give Whiz.in a 9/10 rating. Excellent value, solid support.
 
0
•••
Review

The prices at the top of this thread are out of date! In this page, are the correct (lower) prices.

http://whiz.in/domain.php?action=domain_pricing

They have extremely competitive pricing, for all extensions from household names gTLDs to exotic ccTLDs! Take this for an example,

Godaddy is charging $34.99 for a .tv registration, Whiz.in is only charging $25.99.

NameCheap is charging $21.00 for a .in registration, Whiz.in is only charging $12.79.

You're saving almost $10 in each of these instances! As they always say, the money you save in registration is already money earned! :hehe:

The site is owned by a NP member 'tk', and he provides very responsive (response <24 hours) support including via NamePros PM. The Supersite interface has some cosmetic bugs and is a tad slow at times. Very responsive connections to the registry. The domain showed up almost instantly in WHOIS after I had registered the domains, and DNS settings propagation was just as fast! Paypal (unverified or verified), credit cards are accepted.

Overall 8/10! :)
 
Last edited:
0
•••
Review

The prices at the top of this thread are out of date! In this page, are the correct (lower) prices.

http://whiz.in/domain.php?action=domain_pricing

They have extremely competitive pricing, for all extensions from household names gTLDs to exotic ccTLDs! Take this for an example,

Godaddy is charging $34.99 for a .tv registration, Whiz.in is only charging $25.99.

NameCheap is charging $21.00 for a .in registration, Whiz.in is only charging $12.79.

You're saving almost $10 in each of these instances! As they always say, the money you save in registration is already money earned! :hehe:

The site is owned by a NP member 'tk', and he provides very responsive (response <24 hours) support including via NamePros PM. The Supersite interface has some cosmetic bugs and is a tad slow at times. Very responsive connections to the registry. The domain showed up almost instantly in WHOIS after I had registered the domains, and DNS settings propagation was just as fast! Paypal (unverified or verified), credit cards are accepted.

Overall 8/10! :)
 
0
•••
edjackiel said:
The prices at the top of this thread are out of date! In this page, are the correct (lower) prices.

http://whiz.in/domain.php?action=domain_pricing

They have extremely competitive pricing, for all extensions from household names gTLDs to exotic ccTLDs! Take this for an example,

Godaddy is charging $34.99 for a .tv registration, Whiz.in is only charging $25.99.

NameCheap is charging $21.00 for a .in registration, Whiz.in is only charging $12.79.

You're saving almost $10 in each of these instances! As they always say, the money you save in registration is already money earned! :hehe:

The site is owned by a NP member 'tk', and he provides very responsive (response <24 hours) support including via NamePros PM. The Supersite interface has some cosmetic bugs and is a tad slow at times. Very responsive connections to the registry. The domain showed up almost instantly in WHOIS after I had registered the domains, and DNS settings propagation was just as fast! Paypal (unverified or verified), credit cards are accepted.

Overall 8/10! :)
I love using www.Whiz.in . I use them for every extension that is possible. As you stated, Tk is just a pm away, and their prices are great! Some people just liek to pay more, and weed thru all the crap to make sure you weren't duped (hmmm. Go*ad*y?) .
Everything you say above is true. I would rather put up with a few small bugs, than use another site. Of course, I like them because they offer all teh India domains also. Don't forget www.twnam.com either!
Frank
 
0
•••
Review

Customer service is excellent. I had a minor problem, which resolved itself on its own in about 10 minutes, but the owner, still wanted to know what the problem had been, so as to avoid any similar occurences.

The interface took some getting used to, but once I was familiar with it, I grew to like it.

They don't offer direct credit card payments...which is my preferred method of payment for anything online.

I recommend whiz....I have close to 50 names with whiz.
 
Last edited:
0
•••
Review

My paypal payment got refused with no explanation, even though my paypal account is verified :td:

The promotions are great, it's a shame the customer service is not. Overall, i wouldn't recommend Whiz.in.
 
0
•••
0
•••
Very good.

I used whiz.in for all of my domain registrations and no problems to date.
Great interface and cheap prices, very good overall.
 
0
•••
Stupid SignUp Form Prevents Registering as a User

I couldn't sign up because they have an ass backwards user registration form that resets if you don't fill out "properly," even though you provided a valid phone number!
 
0
•••
A real life test

This post describes my personal experience with Whiz and my personal point of view regarding Whiz.

I've found that in general people usually only say one side of a story.

So to see how good / bad this registrar (Whiz.In) is. I just took an odd parked domain name and transfered it to whiz.in

1) I registered an account
2) I prepaid some 12 dollars into the account
3) Entered the domain name to be transfered
4) Entered the authorization key
5) Then I clicked transfer.
6) I then got the transfer authorization approval email from Whiz.in and clicked the link in there.

At this point something went wrong. Now lets see what hapened since then.

1) I click on my account which takes me to the control panel.
2) Then it asked me to add something called domain management to manage the domain for .35 cents per annum. No big deal so I did this.
3) Then I went into the management console and it says the following:
"This Domain Name is currently Locked in Processing"
" Action waiting for domain to be unlocked. "
and it stayed this way for a long time. It is still there as I am writing this.


Next comes the real test of a registrars integrity. What will they do in a situation that does not financially benefit them?


So to this effect I noticed that there is a button labeled Cancel Order and receive partial refund. Great test so I click this button.
Nothing happens besides the cancel order button not being available anymore.

So now I'm staring at the domain control panel and all that it tells me is:
"This Domain Name is currently Locked in Processing"
" Action waiting for domain to be unlocked. "


Ok so maybe there is some bug in the control panel software or something like that. Everyone here sings praises of TK's customer support who is supposedly the owner of Whiz.In so I figure lets test that out.

So I have just sent two emails to support at whiz dot in asking for the transfer order to be canceled such that the domain stays with the original registrar. OR if for some reason that cannot be done to give me the authorization keys such that I can transfer the domain somewhere else.

Both of the above actions are not financially beneficial to Whiz.in so lets see what happens. There can only be 4 possible outcomes:
1) I lose the domain entirely
2) The domain doesn't get lost but it gets stuck with Whiz.in
3) Whiz.in is a registrar with integrity and cancels the transfer order
4) Whiz.in is a registrar with integrity and gives me what I need to transfer the domain elsewhere.

Regarding the 12 dollars I've paid - who cares, a pizza costs more.

Relying on reviews alone doesn't work. At the end of the day there is only one way to really find out whether a registrar is good or not. Which is to register a domain with the registrar, evaluate their level of service, and then either cancel the order or transfer the domain away. This tests all aspects of the relationship which is:
1) How are they when you sign up
2) How are they when you are with them
3) How are they when you leave them.

For example some registrars are awesome for item 1 and horrible for the rest.
while some are unreliable for item 1, mediocre for item 2 and horrible for item 3.

Anyway lets see how Whiz.in performs with this test and what happens to my domain.

Will post an update as soon as I have something to add.

-- Update
It's been 4 hours (plus I live in a different time zone GMT+12) and I received the following response.

"
Hi
Referred this to my tech team. Will update you soon.
Thanks
tk
"
The reply to was sent to me at exactly 9:02 AM India time ( As per http://www.worldtimeserver.com/current_time_in_IN.aspx ) . Which kind of translates to first thing in the morning for TK.

So far so good. Lets see what happens next...

-- Update
In addition looks like TK has sent me instructions on how to get the authorization keys for a domain registered with Whiz.IN. Looks like it's an automated process from within the control panel. I cannot test it yet cause the domain is in the stuck condition described before.

I must say so far Whiz.in is looking quite good. which is not quite what I was expecting (better paranoid than sorry).

The only qualm I have is that their control panel seems to be lacking the ability to pick your domain name from a list and then manage it. You have to type in the domain name and then click the manage button. Apart from that the control panel works fine.

So far so good. Lets see what happens next...

-- Update
Its about 24 hours later now. And I received a support email from TK stating that the transfer has been canceled. So from my experience my personal point of view would say that Whiz.in is a registrar with integrity.

I haven't had a standing relationship with Whiz.in so i cannot comment on how they would be in complex circumstances but my experience detailed in this post is as follows:

Pros:
1) The registration / transfer process was clean and hassle free.
2) The control panel is a bit different but it didn't lock me down with hidden gotchas in any way
3) They responded to my support requests within a matter of hours.
4) When I canceled the order they acknowledged my request and canceled the order.

Cons:
1) The current web interface as of 18 July 2008 is a bit different to what you expect and initially kind of threw me off. But once you figure out how it works it all makes sense. took me about 30 minutes to make sense of the interface.

2) As of today 18 July 2008 I could not find in the control panel a list of registered domain names where you can click on it and then manage that domain name. I had to type in the domain name and click manage. For someone that manages a ton of domain names this could end up being a bit cumbersome.

-- Update (Last one I think)
It's 48 hours later and something surprising hapened. Whiz.in has credited the full amount of the canceled transaction to my account at Whiz.in. I placed the order, then I canceled the order, and I got a full refund. Granted the money is credited to my account at Whiz rather than back to paypal. But in any case Paypal refunds and CC refunds carry rather annoying penalties for the merchant anyway. I would say that this is more than I expected.


Disclaimer:
This purely describes my personal experience with Whiz. It does not constitute any kind of endorsement of Whiz or negative criticism of Whiz. You should always evaluate a registrar yourself and reach your own conclusions before you decide to do business with them. When you do business with a registrar you choose to do so at your own risk. This post is purely my personal point of view and constitutes nothing more than my personal point of view.
 
Last edited:
0
•••
Really hate to bump such an ancient thread, but Whiz.in is running a special and I'm curious to know if anyone has an updated review of them. Thinking about giving them a try but can't find any recent threads about them.
 
0
•••
Frank[/QUOTE]

Really hate to bump such an ancient thread, but Whiz.in is running a special and I'm curious to know if anyone has an updated review of them. Thinking about giving them a try but can't find any recent threads about them.

I was about to ask Frank the information of $1.75 .info...
Now I read your comment and found out it's several years ago.
 
0
•••
DomainEasy: white label portfolios are live. Enable yours.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back