NameSilo

poll Which marketplace do you use for selling domains with BIN price?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Which marketplace do you use for selling domains with BIN price?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Sedo

votes
    20.0%
  • Afternic

votes
    20.0%
  • DomainNameSales

votes
    0.0%
  • Flippa

votes
    13.3%
  • Other marketplace

vote
    6.7%
  • I only use the "Make Offer" option

votes
    40.0%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Arca

Top Member
Impact
I have been reading about selling domains with BIN prices. Some people are against it, since they feel it leaves money on the table (i.e. HoloLens). Others like to sell domains with BIN prices, since it tends to boost the number of domains sold, and domains can get sold quicker than those with make offer prices. What is the "best" way of selling a domain will vary from domain to domain, and this is not meant to be a discussion about BIN vs. Make Offer. Rather I would like to get peoples thoughts on:

For selling domains with a Buy It Now price, which marketplace do you use, and WHY?

For your reference, I have collected the BIN related details of what seems to be the major marketplaces people use for selling with BIN price:

Sedo
BIN Commission: 10% (if the domain is also parked with Sedo), 15% if not parked with Sedo
BIN Price: $60 - 10 000

DomainNameSales (need quality portfolio to join)
BIN Commission: 10%
BIN Price: $1 - 100 000 000

Afternic
Commission: Network Promotion 15% / Premium Promotion 20% (no separate BIN commission)
BIN Price Range: ? to 49 999 999 (not sure what their minimum is, since I saw domains listed with BIN prices lower than what I read is their minimum)

Flippa
Commission: 10%
BIN Price Range: $1 to 100 000 000

Please correct me if I got any of the details wrong!

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Why would you sell via Buy it now?

•••
Sorry, but you got the Commission percentages wrong.. Sedo BIN commission is 15% (10% only if also parked with Sedo) and Afternic Premium is 30%..
To complete the choices.. Sedo MLS is 20%..

i should know this as i am selling via these venues often enough..

edit: sorry, my bad.. Afternic premium is 20%, i confused it with GoDaddy Premium which is 30%

Last edited:
•••
Sorry, but you got the Commission percentages wrong.. Sedo BIN commission is 15% (10% only if also parked with Sedo) and Afternic Premium is 30%..
To complete the choices.. Sedo MLS is 20%..

i should know this as i am selling via these venues often enough..

Yes, you are right about Sedo. I have edited my post accordingly.

About Afternic, I followed the information on this page: http://www.afternic.com/sell-domains
From what I can see, premium is 20%, not 30%?

•••
Yes, you are right about Sedo. I have edited my post accordingly.

About Afternic, I followed the information on this page: http://www.afternic.com/sell-domains
From what I can see, premium is 20%, not 30%?

You're correct. It's 20%. Godaddy Premium is 30% .

As far as I know, however, the maximum BIN on Afternic is $25k.

•••
You're correct. It's 20%. Godaddy Premium is 30% .

As far as I know, however, the maximum BIN on Afternic is $25k.
Thank you for confirming the commission numbers of Afternic.

As for BIN Price range, I saw on DomainSherpa that they said BIN can be set between $1500 - 49 999 999 for Afternic. However this seems to be wrong, since there are domains listed for less than $1500. There are also domains listed for far more than $25 000 BIN (although I am not sure if they had to go through another process to be able to do this).

•••
When it comes to BIN prices I would say Sedo out of that list.. But, I don't list a whole lot of domains at BIN either.

•••
I cannot really contribute much to this conversation because I don't list domains at BIN anywhere. But I would say, if you are going to use a BIN, you should use it only at the largest, established places like Sedo or GoDaddy. Also, I think you are much more likely to sell the domain at GoDaddy rather than on Sedo, because they have more end-users looking for domains there. It's all about the eyeballs.

•••
I only list domains with BIN when I am looking for quick sale or low prices. I always list them at Godaddy because the process is kind of automatic. They don’t just confirm payment, but also transfer the domains to the buyer themselves. At other marketplaces, the seller has to wait for payment confirmation, provide authentication codes if the buyer wants to transfer out the domains, wait for him/her to transfer out the domains and confirm, then receive the payment. The whole process may take days to weeks depending on how the buyer responds whereas at GD the whole process is completed within 7-8 days.

I don’t mind waiting, but with BIN, there is always a possibility of the domains getting sold at wrong time like when I am traveling or can’t be there to complete the transaction. In those situations, the automatic process of GD helps.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back