NameSilo

Whatsup players?

SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
NamecheapNamecheap
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

DutchBoyd

Established Member
Impact
21
Hi everyone,

My name's Dutch Boyd. I'm a full-time poker player and a part-time domain speculator. I've been trolling the forums a few times a year for the better part of this decade, but I've finally made the resolution to soon become a part-time poker player and a full-time domainer and decided I need to become more active in this industry. Planning on hitting some of the conventions in the upcoming year. Especially anything they have in Vegas (hopefully T.R.A.F.F.I.C. makes its stop again in '09.... anybody know?).

I look forward to bouncing ideas off all of you and meeting some of you. If you need a tour guide when you hit Vegas, feel free to hit me up.

Cheers,
Dutch

ps - If anybody wants to play poker for domain names, I'm down. :)
 
Last edited:
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
Welcome to namepros. Hope you enjoy your stay here.
 
0
•••
Welcome to NP

Btw, some of regulars here play poker too, would be great to have you on board (if a little scary) :)

Cheers!
 
0
•••
Welcome.. Good to have you here, Dutch. I'd love to play poker for domains someday.

TRAFFIC has been held in Vegas the first quarter of each of the past few years. It's a safe bet for '09.
 
0
•••
He finished 12th in the 2003 WSOP. You may not want to do that RJ.
 
0
•••
welcome...

we got a celebrity here..
 
0
•••
Ja$on said:
He finished 12th in the 2003 WSOP. You may not want to do that RJ.
I guess you haven't seen my resume. I finished 2nd in two NamePros Poker Tournaments and 2nd in the DomainFest LA Poker Tournament.

(So what if they were only $10 buy-ins. :p)
 
0
•••
lol.
 
0
•••
:wave:
welcome to namepros
 
0
•••
Nice to have you here Dutch :)
 
0
•••
-RJ- said:
I guess you haven't seen my resume. I finished 2nd in two NamePros Poker Tournaments and 2nd in the DomainFest LA Poker Tournament.

(So what if they were only $10 buy-ins. :p)

Every hand:

Dutch: Raise to $2,000.
RJ: *thinking "crap, that's like 200 buy-ins"* Er, I fold.

Lord knows I'd be that way too!
 
0
•••
NameTrader.com said:
Every hand:

Dutch: Raise to $2,000.
RJ: *thinking "crap, that's like 200 buy-ins"* Er, I fold.

Lord knows I'd be that way too!

LOL :blink:


Welcome here Dutch :D
 
0
•••
In tournament format the play is different.

Everyone gets the same number of chips for the buy in...

So he better have a very good hand to bet $2k... else he will be called.
 
0
•••
mwzd said:
In tournament format the play is different.

Everyone gets the same number of chips for the buy in...

So he better have a very good hand to bet $2k... else he will be called.

You would be surprised though - esp. if you get your buy-in in chips and it's that much, calling a $2k bet for an avg Joe is not easy. That's one thing I find truly amazing about poker. Unlike most "games", it involves a lot of risk usually. Obviously there's free tournaments, but the likes of the WSOP where it costs a lot of money to enter, even though I'm sure it is the experience of a lifetime, it's a lot of risk too. I guess you could say poker and domaining have a similarity with that and that the best poker players & domainers have no problem taking the risks because more often than not they're coming out ahead.

I used to be an avid chess player, mostly lightning chess online, where each player would get only 1 minute of total time to make all their moves in the game, and I loved the part in Searching For Bobby Fischer where Josh learns a valuable lesson from Vinnie the "street player" with blitz chess and reminds me of poker:

Vinnie: He didn't teach you how to win, he taught you how not to lose. That's nothing to be proud of. You're playing not to lose, Josh. You've got to risk losing. You've got to risk everything. You've got to go to the edge of defeat. That's where you want to be, boy - on the edge of defeat.
Josh Waitzkin: But...
Vinnie: But what? Play. Never play the board, always the man. You've gotta play the man *playing* the board. Play *me*. I'm your opponent, you have to beat *me*. Not the board, beat *me*.
 
Last edited:
0
•••
According to Wiki "He began attending college at age 12 after scoring a 23 on the ACT and graduated from law school at age 18. "

Impressive :tu:
 
0
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
CatchedCatched

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back