Domain Empire

What kind of music is everybody into?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hey fellow NP$'ers. :xf.love:

Following my obsession with Amazon, Music CDs, and a Credit Card I've decided to make a useful topic to try and find out what kind of music you guys listen to...

I'm sure some of us have our own weird tastes, which I like to call unique! Also, do you guys have a favourite song?

I'm currently addicted to ERASURE, and have been ever since I listen to their 'The Circus' album earlier this year. In a short period of months I've collected all (but one) of their albums and listen to them reapeatly and constently! They is sometihng about their music, it really cheers me up and I feel on top of the world listening to it. B-)

I'm also a big fan of 80s Electric, New Wave & Synth Pop music! I'm sure some of you oldies will know what I'm talking about when I say that! haha 80s was a brilliant year for the weird music!

I also like Genesis, Europe, Eurythmics, Alphaville (Anybody heard of them) and Fozzy. Ah, what the heck, I also like Japan, Nik Kershaw, Black, Fiction Factory, Human League, New Order, Japan, Bronski Beat, Alison Moyet, and I even have a Delta Goodrem album! :tu:

I also plan to purchase the soundtrack from the film "O Brother, Where Art Thou?" :tri:

If you find my taste in music, weird, funny or any other ironic word, please do say. I love to be different! If you do, somehow like the same music as me, and your happy and you know it, clap your hands! :D

Favourite Songs:
Genesis - I Can't Dance
Black - Wonderful Life
Gary Jules - Mad World
Bronski Beat - Small Town Boy

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Right now I just like music with a beat that I can use for background music. Before this i was more into alternative/reggae and always I like Hawaiian.

•••
Hmm, I adore 80s music.. I have everything from Belinda Carlisle to John C. Mellencamp. Lol I am obsessed.

I like pretty much everything except classical music.
Songs of the moment are:
Why Don't You and I - Alex Band + Santana
Simple Plan - Perfect
*forgot artists name* - Knock Three Times

•••
I love a bit of everything although the one thing I buy more than anything is movie soundtracks - I have a huge collection. I also have a huge collection of mp3s (but don't worry - I rip them from my own cds :tu: )

80s music - that was what I grew up with and yes Darren, I have heard of Alphaville - they were 'Big in Japan':lol:

Fave sounds to :music: to at the moment are Macy Gray, Dido, Alison Kraus, the Cranberries etc.

•••
I listen to chinese music :)

•••
Check out the the "Replacements" if you're not familar with 'em already (out if Minnesota, I believe). "Vertical Horizon" is another cool band.
Good tunes here: http://www.fnxradio.com

:music:

•••
Originally posted by bensontwenty
80s music - that was what I grew up with and yes Darren, I have heard of Alphaville - they were 'Big in Japan':lol:
The reason I got to know Alphaville was because of 'Big In Japan'! I looked up their website, listened to a few more of their songs, and what do you know; I have one of their albums! Some of the music is pretty good aswell. I think if anybody knows of Alphaville it's because of the hit 'Big In Japan', but nobody actually seems to even know that song! :sick:

http://www.alphaville.de

I have a Six Feet Under Soundtrack also.. hehe What movie/TV programs do you have soundtracks for?

Fave sounds to to at the moment are Macy Gray, Dido, Alison Kraus, the Cranberries etc.
Dido is excellent. I like her, and her music, but I only listen to it on the radio. I wouldn't be big on buying one of her albums, but thats not because I don't like her other music, I just have bigger fish to fry!

•••
i mostly listen to bands from the UK , finland , and a few others
its all melodic metal
In Flames, moonspell , type o negagtive , lacuna coil
but i listen to alot of nu metal like korn , motograter, drowning pool , and the list goes on

IM A METAL HEAD . :)

•••
i love jazz, but nothing can beat classical, mozart, bach ect..incredible stuff

•••
I know everyone here probably doesn't like my kind of music.. but OH WELL! :p

I listen to rap B-)

I don't limit myself and exclude all other types of music like most people who listen to rap do. I laso like Oldies, some and very little country, some pop (needs a crazy beat), TECHNO, and some rock like Blink 182 :)

•••
Here's a weird combo.

JAZZ and/or COUNTRY...depending on my mood.

ST

•••
I have a huge record collection. starts at about 1920s and goes to the mid 1990s. I lost count at 25k records. Im 28 and its sounds odd but i like BigBand(Glen miller, Paul Whiteman) blues (Etta james, Buddy Guy) and anything along those lines. And i also belive that after Curt Kobain died Original Rock music ended. Everything out at this present time sounds alike as far as rock goes.

80s is great. the Cure, Big country , INXS all good stuff.

90s....well nirvana, Blind melon, Pearljam, Candlebox .

Present ....NOTHING

•••
I've listened to just about every type of music (I have a long commute) but I keep coming back to Springsteen as my favorite. I'd have to toss in most of that Jersey shore sound from the 70s and 80s: Southside Johnny, Little Steven and the Disciples of Soul, etc.

A long time ago, I listened to the Sex Pistols, Plasmatics, Ramones, and the Clash alot. I still listen to London Calling, even after seeing it in the grocery store's discount CD bin. I never thought I'd see that...

•••
Currently into Coldplay.

Also enjoying listening to old school Doo Wop & Motown.

•••
Originally posted by slipondajimmy
I have a huge record collection. starts at about 1920s and goes to the mid 1990s. I lost count at 25k records. Im 28 and its sounds odd but i like BigBand(Glen miller, Paul Whiteman) blues (Etta james, Buddy Guy) and anything along those lines. And i also belive that after Curt Kobain died Original Rock music ended. Everything out at this present time sounds alike as far as rock goes.

80s is great. the Cure, Big country , INXS all good stuff.

90s....well nirvana, Blind melon, Pearljam, Candlebox .

Present ....NOTHING

Wow, thats a LOT of records. :D

•••
I love my music, I just won the PTK Florida Regional Music award in St Pete for a song I recently wrote. If you want to hear my stuff just go to www.KingDonMusic.com Hope you like Rock and Roll,

•••
Congrats KingDon! Well done on your sucess. I'll have to check out that music sometime.

I also forgot to mension Harold Faltermeyer and Jan Hammer!! Anybody heard/like them? Harold Faltermeyer is very well known for his 'Axel F' tune, the very awesome track that you can hear in the 'Beverly Hills Cop' films! It really is a great track, aswell as Jan Hammers' Crockett's Theme, the same tune played on the 'Emotion' station from Grand Theft Auto 3 Vice City. :)

•••
Originally posted by KingDon
I love my music, I just won the PTK Florida Regional Music award in St Pete for a song I recently wrote. If you want to hear my stuff just go to www.KingDonMusic.com Hope you like Rock and Roll,

Some good stuff, listening to it now

•••
Dido ,
James Fox ,
Busted ,
Black eye peas , - hope i spelled that right
Cher ,
Christina aguilera ,
Avril lavigne - she rocks and you know it , its just YOU dont like her because she said USA SUCKS! :(
Nickelback

and a lot more pop music i guess

•••
Originally posted by Chris Matthers
Avril lavigne - she rocks and you know it , its just YOU dont like her because she said USA SUCKS! :(

I'm not American, and I can't say I'm a huge fan of her! Well, she is a great singer and everything, and has performed some great songs, she's just one of them singers that has started at the top, and it's going to be down hill from now on... :| Possibly she will come back to the top, but although her start in life has been great with the music, it's also a bad one for her career and the music industry, which is a real pity.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back