Domain Empire

question What are the top 3 non-traditional TLDs you recommend for domaining & SEO

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

newdawndomains

Established Member
Impact
I've been looking for really good one-word domain names due to having a 10 year plan for domaining and I know .com is oversaturated and with billions more people coming online in the coming decade, I think it will be a good investment to get some one-word domains on the top TLDs beyond the traditional ones (.com, .org, .net)

In the opinion of the experts here who've been at this way longer than I have, what do you consider to be the top 3 best non-traditional TLDs that show the most promise for delivering high ROIs and being good for SEO (in case I want to use some for my own projects) over the next 5-10 years?

I was leading toward .io, .tv, and .co but I'm not sure if those would be the best focus on so am looking forward to hearing your advice!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I am no expert in NP, but I saw you sold a 12 words in a month in .com so .com would be safer to keep profiting for you.
In my opinion (which I believe) if you’re talking about 5-10+ years I choose.xyz.
If you’re talking about less than 5 years I would suggest .io .co .tv but I doubt cctlds will be popular over 5 years... like .cc...

Last edited:
•••
I don't recommend everything i try. You will just know or stick to what you do. Hard to actually recommend what your speculating and saying it is right before fruiting.

Last edited:
•••
I saw that the top-selling domains in 2019 were mostly .com of course, but there was also quite a few .co and to a lesser extent .io and .tv domains selling for XX,XXX hence my reasoning, but that was off a list of the top 100 so I don't know if my extrapolation would still hold to be accurate for the 101-1,000 top selling domains.

•••
What do you think about .store and .life?

•••
Some of my personal favorite New gTLDs for one-worders are .shop, .store, .institute, .fund, .coach, .capital, .finance, .software, .management, .care, .careers, .company. These are well suited for end-buyers. But hey, it really depends on the exact combination you will be making. New gTLDs can be relatively cheap for the first year of registration, but renewal costs can be extremely high if you have lots of them. Always have the potential buyer -preferably an end-user- in mind when making combinations. I wish you lots of creativity and good sales.

Last edited:
•••
If I can register New gTLDs for a few $, and sell them for $$. That to me is still a nice profit.

Imagine paying $2 per domain, and buying 25 domains. That's only a spend of $50. If you sell all those names for $12 each, that's a $250 profit. Rinse and repeat this process enough and you can invest your profits in some high quality .coms

So, imo, most of these extensions are not ones to hold on to for extended period of times. They are better to churn and burn.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back