IT.COM

Web development

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

WPM

Established Member
Impact
I think this is on topic, if not forgive me.

This is a message for anyone and everyone who knows nothing about Web Design etc.. It is not supposed to condone any promises made by developers and is only to prove why some of the costs involved with development are so high depending on the situation of the company, the number of staff working on a project etc..

Please keep in mind that many if not all developers start with pre-formatted templates for WP builds and other framework templates. On average it takes a great experienced web guy, considering he is also doing graphics etc, at least 5-10+ hours to complete a site.

I am not debating the delivery promises made or any other issues victims may have claimed.

If you shop around for these services you will see they vary greatly. Dependability is a crap shoot.

Regards,

WPM

This is only for "Web Developers" not "Graphic Designers", or "Network" guys...

Source: http://www.bls.gov/oes/current/oes151134.htm

Occupational Employment and Wages, May 2014
15-1134 Web Developers
Design, create, and modify Web sites. Analyze user needs to implement Web site content, graphics, performance, and capacity. May integrate Web sites with other computer applications. May convert written, graphic, audio, and video components to compatible Web formats by using software designed to facilitate the creation of Web and multimedia content. Excludes "Multimedia Artists and Animators" (27-1014).

National estimates for this occupation
Industry profile for this occupation
Geographic profile for this occupation
National estimates for this occupation: Top
Employment estimate and mean wage estimates for this occupation:

Percentile wage estimates for this occupation:
 Percentile                  10%         25%       50%       75%        90% 
Hourly Wage         $16.25   $21.80   $30.52   $41.69     $54.17
Annual Wage (2) $33,790 $45,350 $63,490 $86,710 $112,680

Edit: The formatting is supposed to line up the percentages with wages in order.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back