Dynadot

Warning from scams to buy your domains and their new style

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

saadq

Established Member
Impact
Hello everyone

few days ago i have received an E.mail from someone and the e.mail was as follow

Hello!

I represent an investor from Canada who needs sonycyberia.com for his project.

The buyer is a professional investor.

I located your contact information in a domain name whois lookup and understand that you own the domain name.

Are you still interested in selling?

If you have more names I can help you to sell them.

Best Regards,

Frederick Andersen

Lawyer

Domain Names Department

HostGator UK

his e.mail was interesting : [email protected]

i thought i was talking with someone from hostgator and he will buy but i said where he did he see my info i replyed him yes iam the owner and wanna sell it ..
and now here's the drama act like this .. he sent to me link like this
http://archive.answers-google.org/answers/threadview/id/3071682.html
he told me to read and his name domain maker , there some questions and answers stuff like that .
and told me my customer he's real buyer just he need the certification and my name i told him ok
when i tryed to registedred they asked me for 96 usd i told what wanna me to pay of course not
if ur customer trust u and he's real buyer without certicifate we can confirm , arround 10 mails from him to
try to let me register .. but in final what would be the answer good bye of course coz he's a scammer how i know that .

when i search for his questions and answers on google i clicked the result this link was .pdf lol
http://archive.answers-google.org/answers/threadview/id/3071682.html

i hope i gave u good benefit and take care .

Have A Nice Day

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I Too got the same email Today..But i replied asking him How much he will pay?

•••

It is not worth your time to reply, this is just an appraisal scam. The best thing to do is just delete the e-mail and not think twice about it.

•••
oh..i just got excited as my selling domain is Top in google search.

•••
1. Once I saw this message: "If you have more names I can help you to sell them." I know he is just fattening you up for the kill.
2. And never pay for an appraisal. It makes no sense in the first place. If a name is worth alot to an investor or business man or woman, then why would they again need an appraisal to know if its worth anything?
3. And I doubt any sensible investor would want to invest in a trademark like: "SONY". Maybe you should delete that name yourself. Sony, microsoft, apple etc... stay away...

•••
i have recently bought couponcoke.com what would i do now ?? as coke is TradeMark

•••
he told me the price 40000 usd and we cant pay more lol , so go now register and make the certification.

•••
It is not worth your time to reply, this is just an appraisal scam. The best thing to do is just delete the e-mail and not think twice about it.
but when u find like this specially his e.mail if u notice u will yell for him so u will u are not michael jackson to think twice .u are killing ur self to sell one domain .

•••
1. Once I saw this message: "If you have more names I can help you to sell them." I know he is just fattening you up for the kill.
2. And never pay for an appraisal. It makes no sense in the first place. If a name is worth alot to an investor or business man or woman, then why would they again need an appraisal to know if its worth anything?
3. And I doubt any sensible investor would want to invest in a trademark like: "SONY". Maybe you should delete that name yourself. Sony, microsoft, apple etc... stay away...
i know its risk TM and i agree with u but in same time it call only domain name .

•••
•••
Thank you for your insight to this vile and unscrupulous person.

Not more than a few days ago I had encountered the very same thing. Emails from him, "Frank", from 123 . com.

I simply told him if my domain name was worth, in his opinion, $15,000 - $20,000, you buy at £100 from me, then sell it to him. "you almost caught me, but not quite!". Never heard a word since!

Take heed people, always check first. If it's too good to be true, it probably is.

•••
I got same emails for a couple of times..mine used 123registry instead of hostgator

•••
A word of advice (sure everyone knows that but some people may forget to do it rushing to delete the email). Don't just delete the email. First mark it as spam/phishing and then delete it. That way very soon the scammer must change his address .

•••
Seems to be a spike in this - I got one today as well (Canadian investor) ... report as spam (especially if using a SaaS email service like gmail, Office365, yahoo etc.. ) and delete.

•••
•••
I got one last week. So just out of curiosity I replied asking him "how much is your investor looking to buy it for"

He suggested the same thing what the OP has posted. And the link goes to DomainsWanted (.) net.. Where they buyers looking for domains and looking to pay upto 6 figures for domains. So when you try to register they ask for $159 for 3 months membership which will allow you to send unlimited emails to buyers for 3 months.

Btw he said " he thought my domain was worth $15,000-$20,000"

He is actually wrong. My domain is a ONE word .com in a lucrative niche and I wouldn't sell it for less than $50,000.

What a scam artist. He is using the email with a .info domain. The domain he copied was 123 reg.co.uk and that .info re directs to the real registrar's website. What a loser. He thinks domainers are stupid. My domain already has a inquiry landing page which he never used to inquire.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back