Dynadot

Very Cool Chart on Top 30 ccTLD's used by percent

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
That's pretty cool. I'm a little surprised that .com doesn't have an even higher percentage, but with all the .tlds out there, the proportion of sites using .com must be dwindling.

.info usage is still pretty small for all the names out there.

•••
Not surprising.. most were regged but not developed.

yandig said:
.info usage is still pretty small for all the names out there.

•••
.de is a lot larger than I thought it would be.

-Allan

•••
I'd heard .de was second largest in number of regs.. must be the weinerschnitzel ;)

IAmAllanShore said:
.de is a lot larger than I thought it would be.

-Allan

•••
I dunno. This chart is pretty vague. For example, I'm 98% positive that they're talking about .jp.com and .com.es and .co.uk... Are they considering those .jp, .es, are they just considering the part of the extension that's not a .com.

Is this a reliable source? I'm extremely skeptical about this. The pie chart with no numbers is pretty ghettofabulous as well.

It looks like .de is probably 5 percent behind .com in typeins in this chart. I would be EXTREMELY shocked if the .com doesn't make up a 50-75% share of all domains typed in around the world. The argument 'but China has 1.1 billion people', surely they don't all type .com' doesn't hold muster. How many of those people are internet users? Far fewer than in the US - which is an all .com environment. All countries that have high internet users per capita are exposed to the .com first and foremost. I just don't buy this chart.

My four cents.

•••
I agree
.net is at sixth place? Even after jp and uk which is a little unbelievable
Also, what about .cc,.ws or atleast .biz which is quite popular?

San

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back