Dynadot

Using Afternic Landers More Exposure Or Not?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

lknights1987

Established Member
Impact
Does using afternic landers expose your domains to a bigger network?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Some people I have recently spoken to say having a buy now price will enable the domain to show up on the afternic distribution networks and some say having buy now and using the afternic landers will show up on even more networks.

So is there an advantage of using the afternic landers or not ?

•••
If parked at Afternic,anyone search the name through godaddy will show the bin price from Afternic.
And Godaddy has a lot of traffic.But don't know why. I haven't sold any domain name with its current Lander in the past 12 months. I parked here, but sold them another place. Like i parked a domain name at Sedo, but sold it via Afternic.Do buyers never visit these domain names directly?The price at each platform is the same,confused.

Anyway, Afternic's customer service is the best for sellers imo.

•••
Hi can you tell me.
For afternic is it ... NS5.AFTERNIC. COM. And NS6.AFTERNIC.COM ?
Or a different one?
Cheers

•••
So is there an advantage of using the afternic landers or not ?
Could be, depending on what other lander you would have used instead.

Listing with a Buy Now on Afternic is a very good idea, since your domain will get exposure at a large number of registrars. Having an Afternic lander doesn't get you any more exposure, but could potentially increase your conversion rate.

•••
Hi can you tell me.
Or a different one?
Cheers
You have three choices: ns1/ns2, ns3/ns4, or ns5/ns6. Different landers for each pair of nameservers.

•••
Hi can you tell me.
Or a different one?
Cheers
If use NS3.AFTERNIC. COM and NS4.AFTERNIC. COM,the lander will show that this domain name is for sale (without any price tag), and let the buyer to leave their contact information.

If use NS5.AFTERNIC. COM and NS6.AFTERNIC. COM,The web page will show the buy it now price of the domain name (if you set it), and ask the buyer to fill in the form for the purchase process.(Note: if you selling ngltds, the prices over $50000 will not be displayed)

That's what I was told,there are small differences.
You could also contact their customer service

•••
If use NS3.AFTERNIC. COM and NS4.AFTERNIC. COM,the lander will show that this domain name is for sale (without any price tag), and let the buyer to leave their contact information.

If use NS5.AFTERNIC. COM and NS6.AFTERNIC. COM,The web page will show the buy it now price of the domain name (if you set it), and ask the buyer to fill in the form for the purchase process.(Note: if you selling ngltds, the prices over $50000 will not be displayed)

Thanks for that. I think I will stick to ns5 and 6 as I want the bin price as I will price them on the lower end.
Trial and error I suppose. Good luck with your sales.
Cheers

•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
Just checked one of my ns5 ,6 and it shows godaddy with a bin and you call the agent. If they all go that way I am happy with that. Hopefully they don’t change.

•••

Thanks for the information, I appreciate it

•••
Bump.

I've seen the claim that Afternic landers lead to more exposure and thus sales, but I haven't been able to find an explanation.

Joe Styler has been vague about this, which makes me skeptical. If it's not true, then people are leaving money on the table via commission.
If true, it should be explained better.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back