Dynadot

.com Userbase gets the matching .com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

News

Hand-picked NewsTop Member
Impact
A week ago, there was an active discussion about whether a small startup called Userbase should acquire its brand match .com domain name which was in an expiry auction at GoDaddy Auctions. The company has been operating on Userbase.dev, and the company’s founder (Daniel Vassallo) had polled Twitter to seek out opinions on whether he should spend the money required to buy the domain name. The auction ended at $33,500, and it appeared the company was passing on the opportunity...
Read More

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
A week ago, there was an active discussion about whether a small startup called Userbase should acquire its brand match .com domain name which was in an expiry auction at GoDaddy Auctions. The company has been operating on Userbase.dev, and the company’s founder (Daniel Vassallo) had polled Twitter to seek out opinions on whether he should spend the money required to buy the domain name. The auction ended at $33,500, and it appeared the company was passing on the opportunity...
Read More

Great read,good story! Thank You

and just goes to show end users are watching Expiry dates!!!!! So doubleTRIPLE think about that Renwal before you drop

He said " Just a few months ago it was being offered to me for $100k" here by waiting for the drop he got 75% off!

•••
Nice story and a great name too

:headphone:

•••
Great read,good story! Thank You

and just goes to show end users are watching Expiry dates!!!!! So doubleTRIPLE think about that Renwal before you drop

He said " Just a few months ago it was being offered to me for $100k" here by waiting for the drop he got 75% off!
The previous owner paid $16K for it, and is a well funded partner of a NYC venture capital firm. He was the guy who quoted $100K, and let it expire. He is pretty accessible, so I am very sure people tried to reach him, but I guess he was not to concerned about it. The current owner offered him $25K, which is nothing to sneeze at, and his counter was $100K, which is what many top domainers, and brokers do everyday. I wouldn't expect a VC guy who paid $16K for it 5 years ago, to go soft, they would have to negotiate high.

•••
The previous owner paid $16K for it, and is a well funded partner of a NYC venture capital firm. He was the guy who quoted $100K, and let it expire. He is pretty accessible, so I am very sure people tried to reach him, but I guess he was not to concerned about it. The current owner offered him $25K, which is nothing to sneeze at, and his counter was $100K, which is what many top domainers, and brokers do everyday. I wouldn't expect a VC guy who paid $16K for it 5 years ago, to go soft, they would have to negotiate high.

Wow, lot more to it then I knew at all. Thanks for sharing this, I didn’t bother to dig into the sale after reader nug he artical and you just summed it all up and then some. Very interesting

Thanks

•••
I just raised the price on my userbio.com :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back