Dynadot

discuss Turn domain into website

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

omelet

Top Member
Impact
Hi guys,

I eventually want to turn a few of my domains into website. What do you suggest in terms of:

1), most economic way to build it
2), server
3), operation system
4), ads
5), content making

or any other ways to drive revenue?

thanks for you all. I am still new. I know sometimes silly to ask silly questions.

blessings

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Buy Managed wordpress from Godaddy
Google Adsense for ads
Fiverr for content
Yoast plugin for SEO

Shoutmeloud.com for all the help you need.

Last edited:
•••
  • most economic way to build it: WordPress.org Free & Open Source with lots of flexibility
  • server: Shared hosting from any host
  • operation system: Linux as it is less costly
  • ads: Adsense if you can arrange quality content
  • Content making: Doing own research and writing or hiring freelancers.

•••
4) google adsense or affiliate
find some product from affiliate marketplace,
such as clickbank, commission junction, amazon etc that suit with your website niche

•••
How do amazon websites perform? I saw some of my friends built amazon site.. not sure how they make money beside sales commission...

4) google adsense or affiliate
find some product from affiliate marketplace,
such as clickbank, commission junction, amazon etc that suit with your website niche

•••
•••
How do amazon websites perform? I saw some of my friends built amazon site.. not sure how they make money beside sales commission...

There are a lot of Amazon banner/widget to show their product to put on your site, include your affiliate links.
If someone clicks the link and buy some product on amazon, you'll get a commission.
Currently, I did not join Amazon, I use Clickbank affiliates to monetize my website.
You get a max commission 15% from Amazon, while you can get up to 70% from Clickbank.

•••
There are a lot of Amazon banner/widget to show their product to put on your site, include your affiliate links.
If someone clicks the link and buy some product on amazon, you'll get a commission.
Currently, I did not join Amazon, I use Clickbank affiliates to monetize my website.
You get a max commission 15% from Amazon, while you can get up to 70% from Clickbank.

mind to share how much revenue range your site can make a year?:joyful::happy: shy

•••
•••
wordpress for sure.

depends on whether its a niche or general auction site....

google adsense or direct ads from company contracts

•••
- Before you do anything, think about who your audience is and how your site is going to be useful to them. Sites make money by providing something people want or need. If your only focus is on how you are going to make money, you're looking at it wrong.
- Write your own content or get a decent writer.
- Adsense is for pages where you can't convert anything else. You send people away for relatively small amounts of money.
- Amazon - when people complain about the "low" commissions from Amazon they're neglecting Amazon's trust factor, huge inventory, and effective upsells. Everyone in my neighborhood puts out several of those "smile" boxes on recycling day. Every. Week.
If you send someone to Amazon and they don't buy what you sent them there for, they may still shop around and buy something. Even the little stuff adds up.

Last edited:
•••
•••

poorly

•••
Mine perform very well. But they're websites with amazon purchase links, not "amazon websites."

•••
use wordpress and its addons and use adsense and make sure you add your website to google and other search engines manually from webmaster console.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back