IT.COM

discuss Triple letter ending domains....

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

domains12345

Restricted (Market)
Impact
In 2024, do you think its an ok shout to get for example... Dogsss.com, because obviously dogs.com is going to be taken or cost a lot of money.

I'd say this alternative is good, and is a better option than dogsfromthere.com or dogs287873.com or dogs123.com (even 123, 365 and other numbers can be taken too)

Whats you guys thoughts? It would be for a new personal site.

Im leaning towards Nameee.com instead of namefromxxx.com.

I was going to go with non .com but I think it is a bad idea for longevity..

Any comments appreciated.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I’d say it’s better to have a domain you don’t have to explain the spelling verbally (dogs with 3 s’s dot com), so I’d take dogsfromthere over it personally. I also avoid hyphens though for the same reason, and I know others are ok with them so I’d be curious to hear other’s opinions.

•••
I’d say it’s better to have a domain you don’t have to explain the spelling verbally (dogs with 3 s’s dot com), so I’d take dogsfromthere over it personally. I also avoid hyphens though for the same reason, and I know others are ok with them so I’d be curious to hear other’s opinions.
Valid point, but, i did this with my email because i was tired of spelling it out, but STILL, i get some people ask for it to be spelled out and its super simple like, IB6537@...

I feel like if i got the 3's at the end (smithsss.com) i'd find myself saying "Smiths with 3 s's .com" (if i was to ever shout it out which would probably only be if i was on the phone)

Where as with the SmithsfromLAW.com, firstly there is the perception issue when seeing the domain some people might not clock on to the 3 segments. But, I would find myself saying "Smiths from LAW .com" some would then need it, or part of it spelled out, so i would end up saying " Smiths (as in name) from, LAW (Liquid Alpha Whiskey)

I don't know i guess it varies depending on the situation. For now, I would use it in social media bio, watermark infographics, and connect it to a scannable qr code.

Also the font I am using for the graphics is capitals so SMITHSSS.COM / SMITHSFROMLAW.COM

hmm, if only i could just buy smiths.com lol

•••
Why stop at only 3 letters. You could go with 4 or 5. :ROFL:

I don't like it. It's kind of a false choice to compare this option to a more terrible option.

There are plenty of decent options out there to handreg, or buy for a couple hundred dollars at most.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Why stop at only 3 letters. You could go with 4 or 5. :ROFL:

I don't like it.

Brad
The plan was to get my name, as short as possible, and a .com :ROFL: only 6 s's is available to register, any less is reseller...:sleep:

•••
The plan was to get my name, as short as possible, and a .com :ROFL: only 6 s's is available to register, any less is reseller...:sleep:
Sometimes shorter is not better.

Brad

•••
•••
Dude I bet we could come up with some solid hand-regs for you in dot-com that don't have to be so ridiculous! If you wanted to share what you're looking for

Look not everyone is great at naming so I understand these kind of last-ditch efforts in massacring a domain to try and get what we want.

btw a non-com for longevity can work just as well. Many of these extensions are not going anywhere anytime soon

•••
Sometimes it makes sense
Like sssnake.com or snakesss.com or sssnakesss.com
Or brasss.com (there's a hotel of that name)
But dogsss.com? nah.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
Genius.
You should add 3 letters to the beginning of the name too.

Last edited:
•••
Looks way too spammy, I would rethink the original domain/ext and see if I could find a possible hack.

•••
Looks way too spammy, I would rethink the original domain/ext and see if I could find a possible hack.
I could legally change my name to a name thats available as a domain

•••
Normally, when names like this end with s, you can substitute it with z.

Last edited:
•••
•••
I personally find repeats of same letter, especially 3 (or more) at the end easily confused. Was that 2 or 3 or 4 s's?

I think clarity and ability to remember is more important than length, while accepting shortness is a benefit, other things equal.

This is NOT a good domain name, but for clarity if choosing between the two, I would prefer e.g. dogixa .com another 6 letter available to hand register, to dogsss as to me easily to see at a glance and remember precisely. Also, probably easier to TM for the business (not legal advice, have not seen what is TMed that is similar), and to me feels more elegant.

-Bob

PS After writing above I looked at names ending in sss that are listed at NameBio. Here is .com list ordered by price: https://namebio.com/?s==ADO3AzN1MDN

There is actually a sale at SquadHelp last year in list for almost $2000 that is completely similar structure to dogsss, in fact just one letter different, so I guess some do indeed like them.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back