Domain Empire

Trademark issue here? I own an (R) name.Does (R) and TM are the same ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I have taken an name.com , and I ve discovered after, that he can be found on Google , with (R). But the site is not their, it's mine now.First it's the (R) and the TM the same? and if I just own the domain name, and not Make Use of It - if you go on that name.com , you can find anything - can they make me troubles ? I am also from other country than the (R) owner . Thanks in advance.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The (R) means registered mark. It is stronger than a (TM). So if the TM holder would seek the domain, his rights to the domain really can't be challeneged. Now you say you are not using the domain, that also means you do not have rights to the TM names, nor are you trying to establish rights.

So it would come down to the TM holder proving all 3 items of a UDRP if they wanted the domain. And to let you know, just owning the domain does not mean you have greateer rights than a TM holder. And some countries will honor other countries TMs, but in UDRP, it's only a matter of establishing rights to a name.

•••
Just let it drop . We all learn :)

•••
All what I know it's that if I hold an TM or (R), and I do not make use of the TM name in commercial way or any other way, they can t win the trial.Just go on Nissan.com and see that it's owned by an software company.
Well, I guess that if there will be any problems, I will give up anyway.The risk it just doesn't worth. Thanks a lot for your time and advices.

•••
how did you get such name then?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back