Dynadot

Trademark, Copyright, Acronyms ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I have 2 DN's that are intended to be acronyms that I would like to protect. In both instances, the coms are taken, but both acronyms are best suited for .orgs so don't have a problem w/ this. I'm assuming that I'm dealing w/ a Trademark issue here, but a liitle fuzzy about how acronyms and the associated words within the compound terms, are dealt w/so threw copyright into the thread title.
1)Does one trademark the acronym, the compound term, or both?
2)Other tld's besides .org (excluding .com) are available. Should I cover as many bases as possible by picking up some of the other top "weighted" TLD's given that the acronym has value?

Would be more than happy to PM any admin, staff, or long term regular w/the particulars on the worthiness of the acronyms to help determine if I should make the effort.

:? :?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Whats a acronym for us non english countries ;D

•••
You would put a trademark on the acronym if you wanted too. Its like AT&T, they have a trademark on the acronym and the actual name of the company

•••
Originally posted by cmos
Whats a acronym for us non english countries ;D
A What is the overwhelmingly predominant language of the internet?
B My acronyms will, by coincidence, work in at least 3 languages that I am aware of-Sp,Fr,It

You would put a trademark on the acronym if you wanted too. Its like AT&T, they have a trademark on the acronym and the actual name of the company
Thanks. So it's both the acronym and the word compound that need to be trademarked.
Any admin types out there willing to take a PM w/ the acronyms to give me an idea if this is worth the time?

Last edited:
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back