NameSilo

Tracking Sales

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Sorry I didn't post this in the suggestion thread, but it is getting out of hand and I would like to talk about this possibility.

I would like to see some method for tracking what domains are sold and how much they went for. I know this will be very difficult with the current 'just post it in the forum' method. Obviously, some custom script could facilitate this much better.

The benefits?
1) Potential sellers can see that there are names selling.
2) It can act as a sort of self appraisal system. By seeing what sold for how much, we can judge how to price domains for future sales.
3) It would just be cool :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
you mean for namepros?

if you mean what i said i think it would be good :)

•••
•••
•••
Originally posted by timechange.com
I
R
S

was that a puzzle to figure out the letters S I R... SIR..

timechange = confusing :lala:

•••
Re: Tracking Sales

Originally posted by Matt Wade
Sorry I didn't post this in the suggestion thread, but it is getting out of hand and I would like to talk about this possibility.

I would like to see some method for tracking what domains are sold and how much they went for. I know this will be very difficult with the current 'just post it in the forum' method. Obviously, some custom script could facilitate this much better.

The benefits?
1) Potential sellers can see that there are names selling.
2) It can act as a sort of self appraisal system. By seeing what sold for how much, we can judge how to price domains for future sales.
3) It would just be cool :)

I agree, it would be cool! B-) If they're on the Board and it's public with obvious prices *SOLD*, etc., it shouldn't be that difficult to track 'em. I'm unsure of how a script would do the task potentially easier, but if it's possible I'm sure we'd discuss/consider it ... primarily, to better assist the community with a couple of the things you mention, such as bolstering the appraisal system, assisting potential sellers, etc. If we can do something to make the Namepros experience more informative and productive, obviously it's something to consider.
Sometimes, too, members remove final prices, as well ... for privacy reasons, what have you. My feeling is that you'd need to seek permission from both buyers and sellers to list their domains separately, IMHO ... in this type of fashion. I'd have to discuss these issues in greater detail here with the management team.
Would it be cool and helpul? Yes. Would it be practical? Unsure.
My general observation is that most folks do their own research and tracking individually.
I'm not sure what you mean when you say, " ... it is getting out of hand." You mean the Suggestion thread? :) I don't think that it implies anything other than your wish to see this potential come to fruition. You have a LOT of great suggestions, so I'll bring it up with the team and keep you apprised in the near future.
We all appreciate your input and suggestions to make Namepros as good a site as it can possibly be! :)
Thanks, Matt.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back