Dynadot

.tv Tough.TV - My first .TV concept/idea.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

-db-

NamePros Inc.VIP Member
Impact
Equity78 (and friends) started a ball rolling here at NP, and it picked up a great deal of momentum - with .TV supporters suddenly appearing from all directions. Not since the VillagePeople Reunion concert have so many people come out of the proverbial closet at once. :p Heck, even some of the biggest .TV critics of past have grabbed a little chunk of the TV pie.. "just in case".

Why not? ".TV" is the best known acronym in the world. It has a built in Fun Factor.

Anyway, I want to have some fun with it too, so I'm in. :)

My first proposed "fun" .TV project/concept is :: Tough.TV

"Tough" is a very versatile word/term, and can apply to any type of...

SPORTS
Fitness
Boxing
Any Athlete or Athletic Events
Body Building and Weight Lifting
Etc...
News / video highlight coverage of all the above.

Plus, it's got a great vibe for a potential branding of a hip new media platform, ToughTV... It 'works' in my opinion.

Woohoo, start the hype machine. LOL :laugh:

After purchasing Tough.TV from another member here at the forum - and thinking of possible development plans (branding for increased value and appeal) I heard Equity78's voice in the back of my head screaming (I pretend he sounds like Cartman from SouthPark) he was telling me to check on the ToughTV.com version of the name, so I grabbed it too! :)

Here's the freshly created, original mascot and logo attached.

ToughTV.jpg

Copyright 2005 Tough.TV and ToughTV.com B-)

This original character (whom I still need to name) and logo was created by NP member steadler, and drawn by hand using Adobe Illustrator. He's a very talented and creative young man, an artist who I can highly recommend.

It is designed to scale, large or small - color or black & white, print or web, etc. :tu:

No idea exactly how or when the development will come together, but I'm open to ideas or partnerships, and eager to do something fun and legal. Will see what happens. :blink:

*Stealing or ripping images is wrong. Please don't rip mine. If you do, somebody gets hurt. 8-X

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
woot! -db- has joined the clan B-)

I hope you have purchased your inconspicuous black mack, black sunglasses, bowler hat and red nose :laugh: Although we have come out we are still kind of shy and tend to gather in dark corners with our collars up muttering about development and premium names ;)

Your energy is enough to make me pick up the development sketch book and pen and while away some of today’s hours...

Great design and concepts - big :tu: to steadler, he has indeed done a fantastic job!

Best of luck -db- %%- and happy holidays :santa:

•••
-db- said:
My first proposed "fun" .TV project/concept is :: Tough.TV

Very brandable domain. My first thought when I saw this name is a "Game" TV show where contestants try to break things that are tough. In short, you'd have short, fat, bald guys trying to break tough things over their head or whatever. Entertainment value? It wouldn't be for everyone but it WOULD get press because it would probably be the most funnniest show (ever)

Trust me...

These types of "shows" are catching on where people try to showcase their talents. American Idol is one (thanks England!) and "Deal or No Deal" is another going to be airing the states this week.

I don't think you would need a big budget to do this show either. You could start off by getting a booth at a local "Fair" or "Carnival". My guess is your first customers would be guys who thought they were tough, but weren't. How funny would that be to see some "weak" looking guy try to break something.

I've already got your first sponsor for your show too: GorillaGlue.com

As far as other ideas, the sky is the limit. Generic .TV's can be turned into almost anything. That IS the beauty with these names. Everything.TV for example could be a show about "Everything", or a Directory for internet TV shows.

Good luck, and if you do the show make sure you TM your name...

•••
Thank you very much for the great feedback and good vibes. :)

You guys are making me excited, I'm ready to start something.....

:kickass:

•••
I think the name is very catchy indeed - tough.tv !!

Will be interesting to see how you develope this one, but like others have pointed out - I have an image of really big built men fighting it out somehow.

Good luck with it

Alex

•••
Sweet marketing and nice name to match. Good luck with it.

•••
Tough.tv - nice name!

I think it would be really cool if a trend was started around .tv. Wouldn't it be nice to be able to watch numerous channels online and get original content, just like satellite radio...

How this would be possible, I am not sure... but, if it happens, some of the good .tv names owned by many NPers could be worth a lot...

•••
Thanks for the positive comments guys, -db- good luck with the project and you are been pm'd

•••
-db- said:
Equity78 (and friends) started a ball rolling here at NP, and it picked up a great deal of momentum - with .TV supporters suddenly appearing from all directions. Not since the VillagePeople Reunion concert have so many people come out of the proverbial closet at once. :p Heck, even some of the biggest .TV critics of past have grabbed a little chunk of the TV pie.. "just in case".

i wanna see some of your developed .in's but this is a breakthrough as .tv's rock too :) !

what do you guys think of the $500 premium names tho? Worth it or not ;p I have one :)

•••
Great name, right on about getting the toughtv.com so now you have the complete circle someone looking to use this versatile word in the realm of tv/entertainment will have to deal with you.

Steadler excellent logo, I will be pming you about another project.

This name has a lot of possibilities, from a reality based program even if you cannot develop it pitch the idea along with the premier names you have to a network.

Licensing,merchandise also possible opportunities.
Either way this name is good in where along with development possibilities it also holds Investment value somewhere, someone will develop a network with this theme and this will be the perfect name. MAKE sure you hold onto either way.

Good Luck Mate

•••
equity78 said:
Good Luck Mate

Thank you man. You inspired me, and got me interested in TV. :tu:

I've got 5 or 6 of them now. :)

•••
Hey -db-, make it a site centered around Wrestling!!! The name is perfect for it and wrestling has a huge following!

•••
look forward to your pm equity78 :)

•••
-db- said:
Thank you man. You inspired me, and got me interested in TV. :tu:

I've got 5 or 6 of them now. :)
how come you're jumping ship from .in to .tv :P

•••
JeffM2 said:
how come you're jumping ship from .in to .tv :P

Jumping ship? No.. not at all.

I own plenty of Indian domains, and building some projects around IAM.IN homebase, but I own SO many that I'm selling off a few to trim down the inventory.

Purchasing a few .TV's doesn't relate to them.

I also purchased several nice .BIZ domains yesterday, which doesn't relate to them.

And of course, NONE of these other extensions are my beloved .US

I got my hands in more than one cookie jar, sometimes I flip names like pancakes. I'm just buying, selling, trading, moving, having fun - don't look too deep for hidden meaning. No ship jumping is taking place. Overall, my fleet of domain ships are still increasing in both diversity and numbers.

•••
Great Tag!!

"Tough.TV"... a natural ad venue for mobile TV devices, like the video iPod, Gizmondo etc, to get across just how tough they are built.

I can see your (great) logo pile-driving an iPod to the matt ... as the camera zooms-in on the screen... to the image of Julie Andrews -on a hillside, arms outstretched... singing "the hills are alive with the Sound of Music"... jump-cut to a close-up of the logo's face as he says "this is one TOUGH TV!!! Aaaaarggh!!

•••
lol, hi geat imagination eyedomainous

•••
Thanks again to everyone for the feedback, good vibes and support. :)

Where's the badger ? No love from the old grump? :'(

Anyway, two things I want to clarify to everyone. :gl:

When I say stuff like... "I imagine equity78's voice as Cartman from Southpark", this is an inside joke, good spirited fun, and we are friends. I just want to make sure that nobody took it as disrespect, or anything negative. He's a pal, somebody who I respect, and giving people virtual attributes or voices is a way to joke around and keep myself entertained, because of the enormous amount of time I spend here, at the forum, where most everybody is just a nic & avatar.

Second, regarding my comment about steadler.

-db- said:
This original character (whom I still need to name) and logo was created by NP member steadler, and drawn by hand using Adobe Illustrator. He's a very talented and creative young man, an artist who I can highly recommend.

I just want to restate the "artist" part of the statement. He really is an artist, original characters drawn by hand, and you get to deal direct with him. He's just as friendly and polite, as he is talented, and I look forward to another project with him very soon.

•••
thanks alot it really means alot to me :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back