Dynadot

Top 5 Site Advertisers??!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Ok.. that came out wrong.. but what do you think the 5 top places are to advertise.. I am looking for good advertisement for my hosting company, that's why I am interested. Thanks in advance :)

~Cassandra

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The top two places to advertise almost any site would be

1. Overture
2. Google Adwords

Some industries though, and hosting is one of them, the competative bidding makes the prices too high to compete.

Check some of the smaller PPC search engines, like looksmart.com, findwhat.com and 7search.com

It also helps to seek out advertising spots within your site's industry. For hosting, there are popular hosting resources like tophosts.com and hostpulse.com that offer advertising opportunities.

•••
I believe getting listed in www.dmoz.org is also a good idea. Many search sites use their database.

Mike

•••
Hmm I meant like websites.. not search engines.. etc. But thanks!

•••
You could Auction off a Hosting Account on eBay. I think there are some rules as to linking to your Site but I see many ads which have links so I guess there is a way to do it and make it ok. I don't know all the rules as far as what's ok and what isn't.

Chances are you would get some traffic, how much, not sure but you might end up with at least 1 Client if someone bids on your Auction and wins.

Mike

•••
www.WebHostingTalk.com might also be a good place to advertise your Hosting services, just make sure you are ready to be " Strip Searched " by the other Hosts. I sometimes visit and check out the Hosting deals, I noticed that they tend to pass their comments if they see something a bit out of whack at your Site, it's as if they visit your Site and look for the errors including the typos :)

Lots of Competion over there.

Mike

•••
Originally posted by Tippy
[

Mike [/B]

I agree the hosts a WHT can be brutal. Anyway most of the Hosting directories are so competitive you can end up giving away your space. Everybody is undercutting each other to see
who can have the lowest price.

IMO - if you allow your hosting to get too cheap the only clients you are going to attract is the Nukers and those clients who only hang around until they find their next "Cheap" deal.

Anyway, if you are looking for a place to place a link, I recently built a site that contains a Resource directory. You are welcome to place a link there. The site is http://www.greattemplates.com

Thanks

Paul

•••
I actually have the prices I have because they are easy for me to deal with and I can still pay off the server each month. I am already a member at WHT but no clients so far. Thanks for the help everyone!

•••
Originally posted by GCgirl4ever
I actually have the prices I have because they are easy for me to deal with and I can still pay off the server each month. I am already a member at WHT but no clients so far. Thanks for the help everyone!

Hey,

As for a hosting company all I can tell you is stay as much as you can away from WHT. The best way to run a hosting company is to find some good SEO and pick some specific keyword and target it. within months you will see the fruits. Stay away from Overture, FindWhat and other PPC systems. There is too much money being spent and no return actually. Google Adwords is "THE" most effective one however you will find that bids are as high as $12 on some keywords. But if you do some research and pick specific keywords you can do a lot with low keywords that people search.

Oh and most of all! make sure you have some good Stats application installed on the site. You definately want to watch if search engine is bringing you traffic and what keyword it is. If you need help with SEO let me know.

Good luck.

•••
Pay for advertisements on sites thta get over 100-500+ hits a day like jennyspage.net or nova-boards.com

•••
Originally posted by xxlauren
Pay for advertisements on sites thta get over 100-500+ hits a day like jennyspage.net or nova-boards.com

Sorry, I would rather drown than advertise on Nova.. plus after a couple of my friends who have companies paid for their banner up.. she returned their money because she got a bigger offer and now can't advertise any other company. Also.. she is charging people for a sticky.. it's getting pathetic over there. Most people that go to jennyspage.net are there to learn HTML.. so obviously they won't buy hosting.

Thanks though.

Also.. since my post a few spots up.. I have gotten 10 clients since then :)

•••

Goob Job! :talk:

:kickass:

•••
Originally posted by Tippy
www.WebHostingTalk.com might also be a good place to advertise your Hosting services, just make sure you are ready to be " Strip Searched " by the other Hosts. I sometimes visit and check out the Hosting deals, I noticed that they tend to pass their comments if they see something a bit out of whack at your Site, it's as if they visit your Site and look for the errors including the typos :)

Mike

Not a good place to advertise your webhosting business, most of them are webhoster.. I highly recommend google adword, pay as you get visitors. In google, your visitor are mostly end users.

Hope this help,
tw

•••
Sorry, I would rather drown than advertise on Nova.. plus after a couple of my friends who have companies paid for their banner up.. she returned their money because she got a bigger offer and now can't advertise any other company. Also.. she is charging people for a sticky.. it's getting pathetic over there. Most people that go to jennyspage.net are there to learn HTML.. so obviously they won't buy hosting.

Thanks though.

Why is charging people for a sticky thread so pathetic? :-/ It makes money for Nova and people are willing to pay for it. We aren't the only site that does this, a big site like WHT even does it. It is a great idea for ways to get some cash for the site.

Anyways, WHT can be a little pricey to advertise your company on. You might want to try the ad forums at hosthideout.com as an alternative. They aren't as popular, but any place is good :) (If you're still looking)

Last edited:
•••
A server is $100.. it's not that hard to make it.. so charging for everything is getting old. People also complain about it to me.. so I dunno.

Anyways.. I was in a bad mood so 1/2 of what I said came out wrong.

•••
I understand where you are coming from, but it's a way to gain money. This is a site where teenagers go, it's not like we are rolling in donations. We try to think of many ways to get money and keep it open for a long time.

I'd think any webmaster would try to do anything they can to keep their site open..

Getting a bit off-topic now, so I'll stop discussing this.

•••
I think it is pair to accept advertisement to earn profit, it is decent and legal.

IMHO.

•••
Top 5 places to advertise: Google, Google, Google, Google, and your local paper/online advertising site.

The most important thing, IMHO, is to find your niche as this makes things a whole lot easier and economical. Cater to businesses in your local town for instance; people feel more secure doing business with people similar to themselves. Make a potential client feel secure about you and your product or service and you are *that* much closer to gaining a new customer.

Advertising is cheaper and more effective simply becuase competition is less and your advertising target is smaller.

•••
Very nice suggestion from painperdu for local ads.

Just to add. You may personalized your plate number with your business name or plate case, banners or stickers posted to your car. This is free advertisement and unlimited views ...

tw

•••
Originally posted by TheWatcher
Very nice suggestion from painperdu for local ads.

Just to add. You may personalized your plate number with your business name or plate case, banners or stickers posted to your car. This is free advertisement and unlimited views ...

tw

Good Idea :)

•••
Google, definitely. :P That would cost ya.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back