IT.COM

discuss Top 10 Trends

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Jimmy.com

Established Member
Impact
I would love to put together a list of the top 10 trending keywords that namepros members are receiving enquiries (and sales) on.

For example VR is obviously trending well at the moment, but what other keywords are you seeing a trend of enquiries for.

I will start this off with group.com domains.

LLLgroup.com LLgroup.com even seeing a lot recently for LL-group.com and LLL-group.com

As well as one word or name group.com and The(word or name)group.com

I have been picking up regular sales on these types of domains.

Just sold condor-group.com now for $1500

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Very nice and interesting topic. But I think VR is over hyped. I may be wrong

Last edited:
•••
•••
Interesting Topic. Good call.

•••
Top topic!

My little tip: Gulf country (UAE, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, KSA) related

Last edited:
•••
Top topic!

If your tip is right then maybe I'll eventually come good with Kuwaitoil.com

•••
If your tip is right then maybe I'll eventually come good with Kuwaitoil.com

Best of success with that one. :)

"My tip" is based on recent inquiries and on the simple fact that the gulf countries are drastically investing in their own infrastructure.

Last edited:
•••
Good topic

I like "Group" names as well, I sold SolarGroup.com for $7700 a little while back.

I think Drones and Robotics are gaining serious momentum as well.

I hope you are right, I have been sitting on Golf.ae for years. I owned Travel.ae, Flights.ae and some other premium keywords years ago and couldn't even flip them to local companies in Dubai and Abu Dhabi for peanuts, they were all using .com at the time.

Last edited:
•••
I hope you are right, I have been sitting on Golf.ae for years. I owned Travel.ae, Flights.ae and some other premium keywords years ago and couldn't even flip them to local companies in Dubai and Abu Dhabi for peanuts, they were all using .com at the time.

Time will tell, at the very latest when the FIFA World Cup in Qatar will start and everyone will look at that region; from other forums I even know investors who already built up their individual Qatar/WC2022 portfolios.

Regarding your domains, I think something like Flights.ae is a truly gem, but unfortunately due to people's stupidness and geographical ignorance this domain may have not the value which normally belongs to it. Ask 10 people what Dubai is and 9 of them will tell you that it is a country. Tell them about 'United Arab Emirates' and they will ask you what that is – in this context also locals regrettably have to adapt.

•••
So the list so far is

Group (With 2 mentions)
VR
Driverless
Gulf country (UAE, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, KSA)
Drones
Robotics

Please continue to add to the list.

•••
I think you can put VR/AR/Holo all in one category too. I have been getting quite a bit of interest in my holo/holograph names.

•••
Most of my sales/offers come from 'Internet Of Things' and '3D Printing'.

•••
My sugestion is LLjobs or word+jobs, even yesterday I got xxx offer for LLLjobs .de (dropped domain that I reg a month ago )

ITjobs .de sold 2 months ago for 68k

•••
I would suggest MR (mixed reality) . its still early and you can find some gems that are dropping.

•••
My sugestion is LLjobs or word+jobs, even yesterday I got xxx offer for LLLjobs .de (dropped domain that I reg a month ago )

ITjobs .de sold 2 months ago for 68k

check and see plenty of IT names sold this year for xx,xxx

•••
Yep, and I'm looking for realy good offer for my .de domain ( is not a random letters ;) + jobs )

•••
Great thread. I suppose I am biased but then again, why wouldn't one invest in what he felt was trending!

I think what with the recent ICANN news, the internet is changing and IDN domains, pinyin domains etc will gain traction. As will domains of the BRICS nations. Emerging VR tech will also trend over the next 5-10 although the domain market seems saturated

•••
Beacon and IoT domains are doing very well for me at the moment in terms of sales and offers. But VR is where it's at and will continue to be at for many years with IoT close behind.

•••
Just sold condor-group.com now for $1500
Nice sale with hyphen...
I also think 3D printing and IoT is a next trend in the future.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back