Dynadot

TierraNet

NameSilo
Watch

EGS

Established Member
Impact
Reviews and information for TierraNet

When I found TierraNet, I was intrigued because when I first found the site, I had never heard of the company before and saw it had a Google PageRank of 6 - of course, I found the site in the first place because I purchased a domain from someone that had it registered there, and learned that instead of paying to have the domain transferred out that I could just have it placed in my account there, so that is how my venture into TierraNet all began.

After creating an account and logging in, I found the user interface to be quite simple to use and more-importantly, very fast loading. I also learned about the services that the company had to offer me within their domain registration and transfer services. One thing that really turned me off though - which at the time I was a NameCheap customer - was their pricing. I was unhappy about paying $10/year to register my domains, so I opened up a support ticket to ask if they offered any coupons or discounts.

At my surprise, the support representative replied a few hours later stating that they have lowered the domain registration pricing on my account to $8.98 per domain name. This pricing was to affect all major TLDs as well as the .us and .biz extensions. At first I didn't believe that they would have done this because I only had one domain in my account, but to my disbelief, they had actually done it - they dropped the registration and transfer pricing for little old me at my request! Granted, I did tell them how much I liked the interface and services, as well as explain to them that if their domain registration and transferring prices were cheaper, that I would move all of my 50 domains to TierraNet...

..and guess what? After the company dropped down my account's registration and transfer pricing, I did just that. I transferred my domains over to TierraNet for a rock-bottom low price of $7.98/domain. Now anytime that I register a domain or renew I domain, I still get great pricing at $8.98/domain, which is lower than any of the registrars in which I used to use - eNom, NameCheap, GoDaddy, DomainSite, RegisterFly, MyDomain, Name.com, and Network Solutions. They really won me over with astounding customer support.

After I became a serious customer of TierraNet and total fan of the company, I learned about their superiority. No other registrar company can beat TierraNet as far as I'm concerned. The company offers the best pricing, while still being competitive, domain registration and transfers are cheap through TierraNet. The company also provides security for my domains - I feel safe with TierraNet. I'm sure all of you reading this have heard about the horror stories with GoDaddy and people hacking accounts and stealing domains and pushing them to other accounts. With TierraNet, the process to push domains to another account isn't so simple - TierraNet goes through authentication and verification processes, which really make me feel safe about keeping my domains at TierraNet.

Even as importantly, TierraNet offers superior customer support, even as providing such inexpensive domain registration and transfer services. TierraNet is the only domain registrar that actually runs the company and service right. They offer 24/7 live customer support, whether that be through one of three methods: through email, live chat support, or toll-free phone support. No other domain registrar offered that, and if they did, I never experienced one that offered the support in REAL English. Their email support is also very fast - typically I receive a response within 30 minutes!

In conclusion, I definitely have to rate TierraNet as a 10/10 star registrar. Their pricing, security, and support are outstanding. They are really a top-notch registrar and for such superior services, one would expect to pay more than the most competitively-inexpensive pricing that this company offers.

If you're serious about domaining, and serious about your domains' security, as well as try to save money on domain registration and transfers, definitely check out TierraNet and choose them as your domain name registrar - I know you won't regret it! They're now my one and only domain registrar. Thank you TierraNet, for existing and offering superior services!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Update (as of May 27, 2009): I have over fifty domains with TierraNet now and requested a price-drop via live chat yesterday. They have dropped my registration and renewal price for the major TLDs for $7.98 per year.

I love TierraNet. Highly recommend it to ANYONE serious about their domains or websites. It's the most secure and reliable registrar out there, and with the best 24/7 real time support. And their pricing is somehow the lowest out of all of their competitors! D-:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back