Dynadot

Thread closed

NameSilo
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
(appraisal tool thread closed, will post a new one when out of beta)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Forgot to mention, about Geo domains - the tool works with major cities and stuff. But it's aimed at meaningful words rather than names of places or persons. It requires a different approach for that. It can still appraise some of these domains but precision is not guaranteed.

•••
Hi Twiki,

I like your appraisal tool...especially like the Sales Velocity addition...

As, far as appraisal tools go, beauty is in the eye of the domain buyer...

But please do continue developing it... it's a refreshing change to the varied appraisal tools out there.

Namey123

•••
Hi Twiki,

I like your appraisal tool...especially like the Sales Velocity addition...

As, far as appraisal tools go, beauty is in the eye of the domain buyer...

But please do continue developing it... it's a refreshing change to the varied appraisal tools out there.

Namey123

Thanks!

Yes, it aims to be different. Doesn't do everything under the sun, but it will be able to do a bit more soon.

I prefer to build things that make sense, not things that appear to do something but they don't, just to be in a good light or whatnot.

It will definitely have usage, as the bulk of the market is in the area it covers.

•••
Thanks!

Yes, it aims to be different. Doesn't do everything under the sun, but it will be able to do a bit more soon.

I prefer to build things that make sense, not things that appear to do something but they don't, just to be in a good light or whatnot.

It will definitely have usage, as the bulk of the market is in the area it covers.
You're welcome, Twiki 👌

•••
Hey @twiki I tried it with a few domains of mine. The ones which were two keywords like bakesnack.com the tool couldn't appraise it also there was one more based on two words. Try fixing that maybe? Just a feedback. Nice work btw and best of luck ))

•••
Hey @twiki I tried it with a few domains of mine. The ones which were two keywords like bakesnack.com the tool couldn't appraise it also there was one more based on two words. Try fixing that maybe? Just a feedback. Nice work btw and best of luck ))

The took thinks bakesnack is not a valuable domain, and I agree. There is no problem to be fixed.

Try with more valuable domains.

Thanks!

Edit Side note, don't be offended by chance by the results.

It's not the tool that doesn't see value, the sales data out there doesn't render value to this particular domain. The "snack" term drags it down a lot, NameBio only shows 4 sales with this term above $1K.

Most sales out there are still in fintech areas. Bake is alright but not a hot word.

If the tool believes there a very low chance of sale, it might reduce the price to a reasonable one to get it sold and there it goes.

You can however appraise it by a human instead, always better.

Not gonna be perfect, and depending on niche and training data, results will differ.

Last edited:
•••
Come on! No need to call anything with couple basic algorithms thrown in "ai based"

I tried 3 names, all failed. 4l it said it is not ready. Myrtles it called at under 1.4k (gd at 3.8k) and flamingoes (gd 5.6k) it said there is no value.

•••
Another try:

Braunschweig.com : We don't recognize any valuable words here. Are you appraising a brandable domain?

This tool does NOT appraise brandables without meaningful words in. See below explanation why.

Gd: 14k

It is a city of 250k in Germany

•••
Another try:

Braunschweig.com : We don't recognize any valuable words here. Are you appraising a brandable domain?

This tool does NOT appraise brandables without meaningful words in. See below explanation why.

Gd: 14k

It is a city of 250k in Germany
Hi,

Have you read the explanation below in the page?

It's not for Geo and also not for brandables and also not for single-words.

This is a 2-word and 1-word-modified niched appraiser. Your example is neither and breaks 3 conditions. Edit: actually 4, this is not an English word. Probably the worst example ever for the tool... (but no worries, it's a good chance for me to explain)

Edit: People who are quick to skim and say there's a problem, they tend appraise the wrong domains for the tool. And not read anything first.

As a side note we're getting paid user requests already for premium bulk access. After less than a week and no advertising, just a few clicks from here and there. Those who understood what is for and how to use it, are valuing it already.

So did I.

Look at my history of sales, do you think those sales come from nowhere? The appraiser helped a lot with that.

Last edited:
•••
Hi,

Have you read the explanation below?

It's not for Geo and also not for brandables and also not for single-words.

This is a 2-word and 1-word-modified niched appraiser. Your example is neither and breaks 3 conditions.

Braunschweig is not a geo in sense of town+word. It is a large city

Myrtles and flamingoes are dictionary words (flamingos and flamingoes both being correct)

And no, there is no ai involved. No need for a marketing gimmick

•••
Braunschweig is not a geo in sense of town+word. It is a large city

Myrtles and flamingoes are dictionary words (flamingos and flamingoes both being correct)

And no, there is no ai involved. No need for a marketing gimmick
You're wrong, but that's fine. Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

•••
So 1 word modified excludes the actual 1 word domains?

I get it now. Too advanced for an ai? Can't appraise 1 word, but can appraise its modification.

•••
I tried 3 names, all failed. 4l it said it is not ready. Myrtles it called at under 1.4k (gd at 3.8k) and flamingoes (gd 5.6k) it said there is no value.
It's clearly disclosed that the tool is a work in progress.

I think it's pretty good. Limited to a max of 20 daily searches, all of my searches using 2 and even 3 words came in with values of $700 to $2500. I did run a brandable, pronounceable but non-word, and it kicked that out, just as he noted it would.

@twiki very nice, thanks for sharing!

Last edited:
•••

I get it now. Too advanced for an ai? Can't appraise 1 word, but can appraise its modification.
It's not for one-words. Period. Maybe it will be in the future, but that would be the marketing ploy that other tools use (I won't name names here though) .

it's not doing that, by design.

Each 1-word is unique. I don't want to throw prices at something like that.

For 1-word-modified and 2-words it can be rather precise as there is a ton of training data. That's where the bulk of the market exists.

The page explains it although the whole explanation would be 10-pages long.

For example the dictionary does not have any word in the world... yet. It uses a limited number (25k words). Would have to use like 300k words to get Braunshweigh or whatnot. even flamingoes is NOT yet in the database.

It focuses on the most used words / sold niches.

It is a very long discussion and I can assure you there are years of work behind it. It's just going to displease anyone trying a word that is not yet designed to be valued, such as 1-words.

•••
Word+word taken in 46 extensions:
Screenshot_20220824-182651_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20220824-182642_Chrome.jpg

•••

Simple reason: All 1-words are unique.

I don't know how much Geo.com would sell for. Maybe 20k, maybe 10 M. You can't put an exact price on any of that.

1-word-modified: I have sold Geosia.com for example, and the tool is pretty accurate on that.

In any case it is more precise than the next best tool out there (GD) but only under its limited scope.

•••
•••
Regarding DataCube, currently there is even a max price limiter that affects it.

The tool does not really venture correctly into 5-fig as of yet, but it will shortly - doing this during the beta. The limiter is there for this specific reason, needs more work for let's say "liquid 2-words."

Also the reg TLD's factor is NOT yet weighted in, and so are others. It will be shortly and that will push up this domain to a more correct zone. This is a 5-fig name.

Again there is still a lot of work to be done, but I got rather good feedback so far. (especially for $1K...$4k range, where it is most precise at this time = since most of my drops are in that range, it got a lot of fiddling for that zone)

P.S. My aim is not to sell subscriptions on this, that's rather pennies. How many $29 per month accounts you need to make a living? This ain't going to be Dropbox.

The project is different. It's a bigdata platform that will offer solutions to corporate clients in the security, financial industries and others. This tool and some others that will come are rather "side effects" of the tech. Oh and there will be "side effects" that might seriously disrupt some paid tools out there or offer stuff where there is no solution anymore, or hasn't been one. You will see them posted here at some point.

... And TBH I'm quite disappointed right now by your reaction. There's something very negative in your assumption and the labeling you applied. Marketing gimmick.

If this is the kind of feedback I'm getting... then the tool will be taken down forever.

Your marketing assumption is also wrong.

Domainers' aren't even the target, domainers are not the best niche out there. The scope of the site is much larger than this tiny corner named free automated appraisals.

I was just looking to share with the word some of the bricks that helped me build my journey. I also like to interact with domainers a lot, and help them out. Was mentioning requests for data access just because 1) they exist, 2)people liked it and thats' about it.

Important: Otherwise I have nothing against negative feedback - if sincere it's always for the best even if something it gets things wrong.

But not a heated negative feedback, bashing, wrong assumptions of intent - nobody would like that.

Thanks for testing.

•••
Regarding DataCube, currently there is even a max price limiter that affects it.

The tool does not really venture correctly into 5-fig as of yet, but it will shortly - doing this during the beta. The limiter is there for this specific reason, needs more work for let's say "liquid 2-words."

Also the reg TLD's factor is NOT yet weighted in, and so are others. It will be shortly and that will push up this domain to a more correct zone. This is a 5-fig name.

Again there is still a lot of work to be done, but I got rather good feedback so far. (especially for $1K...$4k range, where it is most precise at this time = since most of my drops are in that range, it got a lot of fiddling for that zone)

P.S. My aim is not to sell subscriptions on this, that's rather pennies. How many $29 per month accounts you need to make a living? This ain't going to be Dropbox.

The project is different. It's a bigdata platform that will offer solutions to corporate clients in the security, financial industries and others. This tool and some others that will come are rather "side effects" of the tech. Oh and there will be "side effects" that might seriously disrupt some paid tools out there or offer stuff where there is no solution anymore, or hasn't been one. You will see them posted here at some point.

... And TBH I'm quite disappointed right now by your reaction. There's something very negative in your assumption and the labeling you applied. Marketing gimmick.

If this is the kind of feedback I'm getting... then the tool will be taken down forever.

Your marketing assumption is also wrong.

Domainers' aren't even the target, domainers are not the best niche out there. The scope of the site is much larger than this tiny corner named free automated appraisals.

I was just looking to share with the word some of the bricks that helped me build my journey. I also like to interact with domainers a lot, and help them out. Was mentioning requests for data access just because 1) they exist, 2)people liked it and thats' about it.

Important: Otherwise I have nothing against negative feedback - if sincere it's always for the best even if something it gets things wrong.

But not a heated negative feedback, bashing, wrong assumptions of intent - nobody would like that.

Thanks for testing.

Apparently, your understanding of "ai" is different from mine.

Again, had you claimed that it is algorithm-based, there wouldn't be much reaction from me. There is no way your script is learning by itself. And even the types of names you started with shows the simplest of algorithms.

You are probably just ranking dictionary words, also assigning some value to being first or second in the order. Further, you are doing word+suffix ones, also the easiest ones to work with algo. Just rank the dictionary words and assign values and then rank the popular suffixes like -ly, -able etc.

I have news for you: I can make a dummy script now and just have it assign random values from $1000 to 4000 and then claim it gets those right. It doesn't. I can even further tweak it a little again with algos above and get the same or better "quality" of appraisals. Your algo (not ai) values bookible.com at $600 retail. I'd argue that is not any worse name than dotible (which your algo refuses to value). So you chose your project a name that is worth at retail just $600? No one here would probably touch a name that is valued retail at $600.

Come on now. I was expecting better quality product from you.

•••
For anyone who wants to start there ai-based valuation project here are two ideas:

1. your script takes input, checks with GD valuation and randomly adds/deducts a number in $100-400 range. You show the result to a visitor, then also enter into your DB. Next time, just first check if the name is in DB and if it is just serve from there.

2. Your script checks against estibot, nameworth, gd and then averages the number with some "ai-based" random weighting. Then, again, serve the result, enter into your DB and server from there going forward.

Here, you are welcome.

Best Regards,

Youre neighborly AI team.

•••
As I said, this is far too early.

Note to self, don't post unfinished things. I've written everywhere that this is not a launch. It is an alpha actually, not even beta. But fewer people know what alpha means... anyway.

Overall it went better than I expected.

@Recons.Com any feedback is good feedback if it is sincere. So... Thanks for it.

Will come back with improved versions if it will be demanded from testing users.

The only thing I want to mention is that things are NOT as simple as they appear to be at first glance. Whoever starts with it will find that soon. Otherwise GD tool for example, with massive data behind it, would do better than this.

Edit: Closing this thread, feedback noted and appreciated including @Recons.Com , will post an official update when it is much more ready, if ever.

Last edited:
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back