This is what I do when I'm bored

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

ApeXX

VIP Member
Impact
101
Haven't you always wanted to screw around with those "all too serious" tech support guys? Yeah, well try it sometime. It's quite fun...


Support: Thank you for contacting WireNine Support. How may I help you today?
Parker: Well see I'm kind of bored and I'm not sure what to do.
Parker: Do you have any suggestions?
Support: Are you a customer?
Parker: I currently own a shared hosting account, yes.
Support: Are you having an issue with your account?
Parker: Well it depends... See my account isn't being very entertaining.
Support: What is your domain?
Parker: Why are you threatening me?
Parker: I come here as an honest customer, and you start making accusations.
Support: I am sorry but I did not make any accusations.
Parker: What is your name sir or madam, so that I may contact your management?
Support: I asked for your domain name so I can pull up your account information and assist you with any issues you might have with your account.
Support: Could I please have your domain name? I am unable to find your account in our system.
Parker: What is your name, sir or madam? I refuse to let you sit here and patronize me.
Support: Thank you for visiting WireNine.com, have a great day!

Edit: Yeah some people really need to sit back and relax a little. I didn't think people would take this so seriously... It's not like I do this all day long. D-:
 
Last edited:
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
maximum said:
ApeXX,

You're now 16 (assuming your NP profile has the right birthdate). Sixteen, while not an adult, is not a child anymore, either. You are "playing" with adults, in a "game" most of them do not define as a "game", but would rather call "annoying". GROW UP!


You are paying for them hosting you, and for support related to that....and nothing more. The only people you pay to "test" their patience are psychologists. And, none of them will you find willing to do it for $15 for any length of time.

Think it is "funny"? Call your local police like that, and play "20 Questions" - go to jail. Call me up and do that, and I have a nice white straight-jacket and padded room for you. Being funny is one thing, but being a pain in the a** is quite another.

I think mis_chiff said alot, in few words, by the reply:

Think about that, next time your site goes down and all you get is a busy signal. See how funny it is then.

True, you may only be 16. But, you are playing in the adult world of domains (here), hosting (that poor tech-support you harrassed), and the internet at-large. Play with adults, and you may have to pay the adult price of lossing the games you play.


Just things :imho:


:imho: :tu:
 
0
•••
I've done phone, email and internet chat tech support and customer service.

In chat or email support that would not have bothered me. I would have just kept sending "canned" responses until the joker gave up.
 
0
•••
Jakey said:
You people take this way to seriously...

Thank you, someone understands that it was a joke that lasted maybe 45 seconds...
 
0
•••
It's a joke, but you wasted your time as well as the support guy's. And anyone else that was waiting in line for support. I'm sixteen as well, but if you're in the market that's full of adults you have to adapt to that professional style. If that was me (and I've been in that position before) I would have simply closed the window.

If that's what you do when you're bored, that's pretty sad. Get a job, a hobby, something. It's not necessary to waste other people with real job's time. ;)

Not trying to overreact...
 
0
•••
i think everyone's forgetting that it wasnt funny. maby people would lighten up if it was funny, but really, it was a waste of alot of peoples time.
 
0
•••
Onward and upward, friends! :music:

Have a great domain name Monday evening (EST)! :talk:
-Jeff B-)
 
0
•••
DomainEasy: flexible LTO options. Close more domain deals with financing.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back