thewebdesignhut.com or designhut.site

NameSilo
Watch

Cooldomainideas

Established Member
Impact
.com is 8.99 and renewal is 8.99
but .site is 2.99 and renewal is 23.99

The renewal doesn't both me much. I plan on using either domain as a portfolio . Any opinions?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I would look at other options. I don't think either are that good to build a website on.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
I would look at other options. I don't think either are that good to build a website on.

Brad
I just need something good enough, only willing to pay hand-reg price for this project.

•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
Sorry if I sound harsh, but if you need to ask why those two domains are not good enough, domain investing is probably not for you.
I think you forgot you are in the general domain discussion sub-forum bro.

•••
They are both awful

One is a 4 word .com which makes no sense and the other is a 2 word .site which is a crap extension - most people have not heard of it.....

Are you looking for a domain to build a site to showcase your own portfolio? Which it reads like you are..... what are people going to think when they land on site using a crap domain?

If you can't afford a decent domain use Dan, Epik or another lander until you can........

Edit

Dam I am tired - it is for a design showcase site - the above still applies though

Last edited:
•••
They are both awful

One is a 4 word .com which makes no sense and the other is a 2 word .site which is a crap extension - most people have not heard of it.....

Are you looking for a domain to build a site to showcase your own portfolio? Which it reads like you are..... what are people going to think when they land on site using a crap domain?

If you can't afford a decent domain use Dan, Epik or another lander until you can........
I see, the long phrase doesn't bother me. crap extension maybe, but the whole point of the .site is to draw attention to the term websites. I've also been looking at designhut.website.

•••
Don't use .site or .website unless you can secure a good single keyword which in your niche you most probably can't at reg fee.

Better to up your budget a bit, to say $20, and purchase something at auction, closeouts or whatever. There are plenty of 'good enough' domains available at this price point if you put in some time and effort to find one.

•••
DesignHut's pretty cool little name to build on (y)

In terms of domain, personally prefer the .site extension out of the two you've put up, rid of two needless words (the, web). Consider .online too perhaps, seems to flow a bit nicer off the tongue and it's avail. So is .xyz and .one.

Agree with the others, .site is a little crummy and any other redundant new extension proclaiming a name on the internet, when yes indeed it is on the internet. With the .xyz or .one you might get a bit more memorability.

Good luck!

•••
Great suggestions. I went for thewebdesignhut.com

•••
The above have said it better than me, you don't need my opinion ...the domains aren't that good, but hope you do well with the one you've got either way

•••
The above have said it better than me, you don't need my opinion ...the domains aren't that good, but hope you do well with the one you've got either way
I'm aware of the qualities where it lacks appeal,I just wanted to start the website as soon as I could.

Last edited:
•••
They are both awful

Edit

Dam I am tired - it is for a design showcase site - the above still applies though

Man! Your message gave me some good lessons I thank you for that! I'd love to connect with you :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back