IT.COM

discuss The Sports Thread!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Internet.Domains

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
The Official Sports Thread!

Discuss sports! Cheer for your teams! Wear your teams! Discuss your teams!

All things sports! Everyone is welcome!

NFL, NBA, MLB, NCAA, NHL, Soccer (Football, Futbol) and more!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@JB Lions
Cheers! This one is for you!

Go Lakers, Go Rams, Go Dodgers!

•••
Got my NFL Fantasy Draft tonight (PPR League), picking third. I'm guessing it's going to go down like this:
1.) Saquon Barkley
2.) Alvin Kamara
And I think I need to go with:
3.) Christian McCaffrey

Looks like Zeke is headed back to Dallas, I'm thinking he'll go 4?

Any thoughts?

•••
Got my NFL Fantasy Draft tonight (PPR League), picking third. I'm guessing it's going to go down like this:
1.) Saquon Barkley
2.) Alvin Kamara
And I think I need to go with:
3.) Christian McCaffrey

Looks like Zeke is headed back to Dallas, I'm thinking he'll go 4?

Any thoughts?
David Johnson is just outside of that bubble.

Pick up Pollard to handcuff Zeke. I went to some Cowboys practices and Pollard was utilized all over. Expect a big year from him.

•••
David Johnson is just outside of that bubble.
I've had David Johnson the past 2 years, after his incredible rookie season! 2 years ago he broke his wrist in the first quarter of the first game. Last year he played with an incompetent rookie QB, offensive coordinator and head coach! So I'm a little "gun shy"! (pun intended) ;)

•••
I will await the college LACROSSE season to see who has the best team.

•••
I've had David Johnson the past 2 years, after his incredible rookie season! 2 years ago he broke his wrist in the first quarter of the first game. Last year he played with an incompetent rookie QB, offensive coordinator and head coach! So I'm a little "gun shy"! (pun intended) ;)
Yeah, I don't blame you! It's easy to shy away from someone after they burn you. I had Gurley last year and he took a knee prior to getting into the end zone and it cost me a playoff spot. I won't draft him again.:xf.smile:

•••
I see at the end of college football this year it will be:
Alabama vs Oklahoma

GO SOONERS.....

•••
I see at the end of college football this year it will be:
Alabama vs Oklahoma

GO SOONERS.....
Oklahoma looks great! The backstory of those two programs, particularly Jalen Hurts getting screwed over by Alabama and now on Oklahoma, would make for an epic game. A game for the ages!

•••
Of course, Iowa Hawkeyes might actually go all the way this year.
Thus messing up the end of the year scenarios.

•••
Of course, Iowa Hawkeyes might actually go all the way this year.
Thus messing up the end of the year scenarios.
It's hard to mention a championship game without Clemson and Trevor Lawrence.

•••
Arsenal. Been a fan all my life.

•••
@JB Lions

Ok, good thread. First off, shout out to any old school affiliates/ABWers, I used to run the football pool over there.

College - Notre Dame (family influence), UCF - where I went to school. Both won their games, should be both top 10. Football of course.

NFL - Atlanta Falcons, please no jokes, this is a sensitive area for me.

NBA - Orlando Magic, and they have sucked lately, for a long time now. I think we were spoiled with Shaq/Penny, then we got Dwight, when he was actually good. People forget he was in the running for league MVP. Always had the talent, never had the killer instinct, step on your throat type of mentality, was too goofy.

@Internet.Domains as a Lakers fan, I think you saw some of this, since he used to be on the Lakers and it didn't work out, now................he's back. So how are you guys feeling about having Dwight back?

Oh, I'm looking forward to the next NBA season, there is not one dominant team anymore. We have lots of teams now that have 2/3 major stars now. It's spreading out nicely, should be one of the most competitive seasons the NBA ever has.

Last edited:
•••
UCF should be given an opportunity for a Championship. They are that good.

So how are you guys feeling about having Dwight back
Who cares, we got AD!:xf.smile:

•••
UCF should be given an opportunity for a Championship. They are that good.

Who cares, we got AD!:xf.smile:

Yeah, people down here were wearing UCF National Champion gear the other year but I didn't even agree with that. Great teams lately but the schedule comes into play. They won 62-0 first game. I was just checking this year's schedule - https://www.espn.com/college-football/team/_/id/2116/ucf-knights

Only 1 ranked team, #23 Stanford. They could easily go undefeated again but that schedule will come back to bite them.

It'll be fun watching AD/Lebron, don't think they have enough. Too many stacked teams.

Lakers - AD/Lebron
Clippers - Kawhi/Paul George - my goodness, they'll also probably be the #1 defensive team
Rockets - Harden/Westbrook
Warriors - Curry/D'Angelo Russell/Green - Klay out, Durant gone
Pelicans - Rookie Zion/bunch of other decent players

Nets - Kyrie/Durant when he comes back
Celtics - Tatum/picked up Kemba Walker
Sixers - Simmons/Embiid

Not going thru all the teams but spreading out nicely.

Last edited:
•••
Yeah, people down here were wearing UCF National Champion gear the other year but I didn't even agree with that. Great teams lately but the schedule comes into play. They won 62-0 first game. I was just checking this year's schedule - https://www.espn.com/college-football/team/_/id/2116/ucf-knights

Only 1 ranked team, #23 Stanford. They could easily go undefeated again but that schedule will come back to bite them.

It'll be fun watching AD/Lebron, don't think they have enough. Too many stacked teams.

Lakers - AD/Lebron
Clippers - Kawhi/Paul George - my goodness, they'll also probably be the #1 defensive team
Rockets - Harden/Westbrook
Warriors - Curry/D'Angelo Russell/Green - Klay out, Durant gone

Nets - Kyrie/Durant when he comes back

Not going thru all the teams but spreading out nicely.
Yes, the trades and shift in power with the NBA is going to make for one of the more interesting seasons we have seen in years.

Glad I was able to grab the Lakers at 25-1 before getting AD.

•••
NC State University! whoohoo!

ncsu.jpg

•••
•••
@JB Lions

Your boy got paid:

"Compensation update: Rams are giving QB Jared Goff a four-year, $134 million extension that includes an NFL-record $110 million guaranteed, per source. It ties him to LA through 2024 season."
Adam Schefter
2h

Last edited:
•••
Your boy got paid:

"Compensation update: Rams are giving QB Jared Goff a four-year, $134 million extension that includes an NFL-record $110 million guaranteed, per source. It ties him to LA through 2024 season."
Adam Schefter
2h
He actually lives around the corner from me in a very modest house for his income. I can't help but to think he will be upgrading soon.

•••
just regged ChromeFootball.com

•••
My bold predictions....
Neither Ezekiel Elliott or David Johnson will have over 100 total yards rushing and receiving this weekend.
Le’veon Bell, Antonio Brown, and Odell Beckham jr all will have over 100 yards and at least 1 touchdown apiece.
And the Miami Dolphins upset the Baltimore Ravens
😀

•••
My bold predictions....
Neither Ezekiel Elliott or David Johnson will have over 100 total yards rushing and receiving this weekend.
Le’veon Bell, Antonio Brown, and Odell Beckham jr all will have over 100 yards and at least 1 touchdown apiece.
And the Miami Dolphins upset the Baltimore Ravens
😀
Alright, the first ones seem like possibilities, especially since Zeke may be limited and may have a small roll in the first game back......but, the Dolphins to upset Baltimore? Whoa!:xf.smile:

•••
Yep so sad but that is my belief.
I think they have covered with the spread the last 5 out of 6 home openers
Toss in some Fitz magic and a little Albert Wilson along with 4 forced turnovers and Bam you got an upset

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back