IT.COM

.me The .ME Domain Hits 800,000 Registrations

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Arpit131

Top Member
Impact
The .ME Registry announced today that its ccTLD has passed 800,000 domain registrations. Since its launch in 2008 Montenegro’s country code domain has been marketed as a premier choice for building a personal brand and it quickly became one of the favorite new extensions among creative individuals who want to stand out online. The domain has continued to grow steadily in response to the global trend of nurturing personal identity online.

This is a big day for us! Knowing that you are getting closer to one million domains in the registry is extremely rewarding”, stated Predrag Lesic, Executive Director of the .ME Registry.
“We marketed .ME domains aggressively from the very beginning and as of now we have more than two hundred accredited registrar partners and customers from almost every country in the world. This could not have been done without them”.

Complete article on BusinessWire

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'm pretty sure that's because Namecheap has been giving .Me domains away for free for over a year now (to students in the U.S).

.XYZ launched less than a year ago and has over 900,000.

•••
I just reg'd expiring(.xyz) just to be ready for the avalanche of drops

•••
I'm pretty sure that's because Namecheap has been giving .Me domains away for free for over a year now (to students in the U.S).

.XYZ launched less than a year ago and has over 900,000.

Probably nothing to do with that. A year ago, May 2014, they had 761,000 regs - http://www.hosterstats.com/DomainNameCounts2014.php

If you look at the history, they've been steadily going up. .xyz in it's first year could go backwards because of all that Netsol stuff.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back