Domain Empire

Strange visits, any ideas?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

aww

Established Member
Impact
Can anyone help me figure out why my goog.us domain is getting lots of visits from K-12 public schools around the United States?

Is that some of you guys fiddling around in class (if so, sheesh y'all are young) ? Or is there something now in public schools called Goog ? :-/

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
might have something to do with term "googoo-gaagaa" lol

•••
OR...... :)

might have something to do with the Stock market game that all students participate in around those grades in school...and since Googles stock ticker symbol is "goog" and they are very internet savy, more so than older generations who didnt have a ".us" it is not a long shot to guerss that they are instinctively typing in goog.us since it is a us stock to try to find info about googles current stock prices to make buying or selling decisions about their portfolios....just my wooden nickel...

•••
Students looking for info about the Google US Puzzle Championship maybe?

•••
probably students playing the stock market game in class. To see which teams can raise the most amount of money (no real of course).

GOOG is the stock symbol for Google.

•••
identity_00 said:
probably students playing the stock market game in class. To see which teams can raise the most amount of money (no real of course).

GOOG is the stock symbol for Google.

Cool! If that's it, then it's a pretty cool reason, IMHO. We never had stock market simulations in middle school!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back