IT.COM

domain StarCommand.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

undersun

Impact
Have just received an offer on this domain and wanted to get an idea of it's value. Any appraisals would be most appreciated.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If you get more than $25?
take it NOW....

•••
$50.00

I'd say any domain with an offer on the table is worth fifty dollars minimum. Use the money to pursue a higher level of consciousness. :) :) IMHO

•••
Have just received an offer on this domain and wanted to get an idea of it's value. Any appraisals would be most appreciated.

:talk:

star command, star command, do you read me?

this is alpha one, star fleet chief pilot biggie, arriving from the planet Don.

star command, star command....do you read?

Ask $4k USD

:)

•••
I will beat that ^
and offer you $100 then lol

But IMO you should be able to fetch more from a motivated end user.

•••
Had this listed for years at 295 without a bite.

•••
I like this one. Only a matter of time before it becomes a book name, tv series, movie, etc.

Registered since 2005, also regged in net/info/org/co.uk at least.

It's already a few things, it is a game, it's a minor 1996 movie - made for TV and featuring Morgan Fairchild so you know it has to be amazing and Oscar-worthy - and a few other things that haven't really caught on.

However something will probably catch on;

Do you know anything about the buyer, did they send you any details, is it an email offer and does their email addy tell you anything?

I'd sell it to a reseller, if I needed the cash, for $100 - 200.
End user, in the $1.5K - 5K range.

Good luck, and welcome to Namepros :)

•••

:talk:

some names are future forward

so you have to wait until the future catches up with them.

:)

•••
I am now last to post so I have the con. I think that although star trek technology it could be a brand able name for a sat nav or whatever your buyer has chose the name for. You could make a few bucks and accept the offer. It could sit in your list for another 10 years without another bite.
I will appraise the name at $200 as it sounds good if you get that you did very well.

•••
The offer I received was for $5,000 through sedo.com, and it's now gone to the Sedo auction for the next 5 days with the original bidder as the reserve price. Shame I lose $1,000 as commission to Sedo but approx $4,000 is not a bad return.

Last edited:
•••
The offer I received was for $5,000 through sedo.com, and it's now gone to the Sedo auction for the next 5 days with the original bidder as the reserve price. Shame I lose $1,000 as commission to Sedo but $4,000 is not a bad return on the $104 it cost to purchase.

This kind of name is extremely 'niche', which means I doubt if there will be any other bidders in an auction. Auctions are usually only productive with names that have a wider use.

I think the ideal end user came along and made you an offer. IMO it would have been more productive to 'work on' that one end user, bid them up a little because $5K is a strong opening offer and usually someone who makes that strong of an opener will go a little higher at least.

I'll be surprised if this name gets any higher bids... but I'll keep an eye on it out of curiosity.

Regardless, congratulations on the bid, it's a good price for this name :)

•••
Yeah I tried to work the price up but they seemed determined not to go over that amount. Someone used to trading in domains could potentially have increased their bid but for me it was more of a learning experience. I would have maybe held onto the domain and waiting as long as it took for a good offer to come along but I happen to be working on a coding project that requires some investment and this should do nicely.
Putting it up for auction doesn't hurt me as I would have accepted their offer anyway so this just gives the tiny potential of a higher bid and if not it still goes to them at the original offer.

•••
I swear i come to say never accept under $5K ! but you already get the same offer its great :) i am sure it will be site for game with my mind thinking the 65% the buyer will be the owner of StarCommandGame (.) com .

•••
At $5k I say congrats! At $295 I say if it crossed my path it would have been purchased :)

•••
The people that just got a tm on this for videos games might be your buyer. Might have been a good one to swing for the fence on. Goodluck

•••
I really like this name. Good luck with the auction.

•••
The offer I received was for $5,000 through sedo.com, and it's now gone to the Sedo auction for the next 5 days with the original bidder as the reserve price. Shame I lose $1,000 as commission to Sedo but approx $4,000 is not a bad return.

I hope this guy follows through with payment. Let us know. Good luck man! :)

•••
I think a mistake was putting it to auction. If he didn't simply purchase after the inquiry i think it is shakey now. I really hope you get the money. I certainly would have not tried to get a penny more should have accepted the deal the moment you read the inquiry.

•••
Now I saw on the namepros ticker sales reports:
starcommand.com ($5,000 USD) - sold

Congratulations.

•••
Yes, congratulations on the $5000 sale.

•••

I couldn't believe the Sedo offer on this after it was getting $50 appraisals on this thread.... how awesome. Congrats!

That's my luck too. I usually don't know when to hold'em and when to fold'em but I'm learning :lol:

•••
A tip for the future, make sure you check the past posts of anyone who gives you a low appraisal. Some folks give low appraisals to everyone, either they don't know better or they enjoy it.

Congratulations on the sale! Very happy for you right now.

•••
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back