I just went over to Spock.com from
www.Alexa.com where Spock was on the
Movers and Shakers list
I searched for my name and found it.
So, I went to "claim" the MySpace listing for me and I couldn't believe it - Spock wanted me to give my username and password for MySpace to "claim" the profile!
Doesn't sound right, Dave. That's why I came here to NamePros and searched for 'spock.com'. If you're involved, it has to be legit...but I'm not giving up my username and password!
Whadya think?
Regards,
Keith
Here's an example.
Found a LinkedIn.com profile on me at Spock.com
Go to:
http://www.spock.com/do/profiles/claim/user31c5s4624k4c243655c
Click on "I do not have a Spock.com account"
and you get this:
Claim the Profile "Keith Klein"
Spock found information for this profile while crawling the social networking site LinkedIn. To claim this profile as yours, follow these steps:
1. Enter your email address and password for LinkedIn below, so Spock can check that you own the account associated with this profile.
2. Unless you have already verified the email address for this profile, Spock will send a verification message to it.
3. Click on the link in the verification email and then sit back as the information from this profile is automatically merged into yours.
Email:
Password:
Hard to believe people are doing this!
Regards,
Keith