bambism

Established Member
Impact
LXXXXXX // com

VXXXXXX // net

VXXXXXX // xyz

VXXXXXX // top

------

Thanks for everyone's feedback, I think it was wrong for me to register those domain.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If it's incorrect spelling or if it's not a .com then I don't see why it would have any value.

Keep in mind that the only people interested in these sites would be the players or their managers. Maybe a fan site could style themselves after a player's name, but there's a legal risk in trying to run a for-profit site using a celebrity's name.

Furthermore, domains like vic.com, victor.com, wemby.com, or wembanyama.com are all better alternatives than the domains you listed.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Sorry, but I don't see any value.

First you have the potential bad faith of trying to profit off a famous person's name.

It is not like "Victor Wembanyama" or "Vic Wemby" is some popular name like Bob Smith, where thousands of people share it. It is clearly targeting one specific party.

Outside that, the domains are just not that good.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
This would be closer to extortion than bad faith. Extorting for .top would also seem like a terrible waste of criminality (should someone unfortunately decide to go down that lonesome road).

•••
I share this just for example of the worst case you can get for registering Popular Names' domains..

Especially when you are parking the domains, you can't control what type of ads shown on the domains. One wrong ads can cause you'll be fined until millions of $

This case is unique, Michael Jackson is already dead. And what is sold in the websites are fans' stuff book about the artist.

But the domain owner got 1.5 millions $ lawsuit for trademark infringement.

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-michaeljackson-copyright-idUKBRE88311W20120904

Last edited:
•••
Hmmm. If you are a litigious person, by all means go for it, even for a parked domain. But don't go crying to mama if the rightful owner comes and takes all your parking money and much more.

Just wrong kind of speculation. Trying to avoid work. He has a rightful brand. YOU, do not.

Best of luck.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back