Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

abdou01

Top Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
JE is not that popular a domain, plus it doesn't all anything like for example .ly or .rs could do. TBH, I had to look it up and had never even heard of the country of Jersey before. I was going to suggest that it might have value if you were starting a registrar for the country, but in this case the country may be too small to even support a dedicated registrar.

•••
I bought it because:
1) Gandi has just launched it
2) There are a lot of Deutch words that end with "je" (for example: lijstje (List) there are 5 offers for "lijst.je" in Sedo, so Domain+cctld may be nice :) for Dutch countries
3) There is no GEO restriction to buy it

•••
@cocaseco: when you search "site:.je" on google you have more results than "site:.io" :) even if "io cctld is more popular :)

•••
Sounds like you are sold on it so good luck. You asked for appraisals and mine is that it has very little value, if any. Perhaps others here will have a different valuation. BTW, there are dozens of ccTLD's with no GEO restrictions. That doesn't make them valuable. Good to know about the Dutch word hacks, that is something I didn't know and definitely helps add value.

•••
These names are expensive and the local market is very tiny. I don't even think that you could use this domain to sell registrations in .JE: AFAIK all .je & .gg registrations go through the registry direct.

•••
I agree with the above posts. The name is good and a a good keyword. However the extension is not popular. Maybe it will grow in value in the next few years (not sure if the value will surpass the renewal fees...). I would say low $xx.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.