Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 1, 2026.

domain sofa.cm

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

yisites

Established Member
Impact
22
Any ideas on this one?
:D
 
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
as per namebio there were only 5 sales in 2014 and 2015(combined) for this tld..

might be tough to sale unless you find a Cameroon company which sell sofa and wants a domain which is not .com/.net/.info...can only be worth reg fees imo...
 
0
•••
as per namebio there were only 5 sales in 2014 and 2015(combined) for this tld..

might be tough to sale unless you find a Cameroon company which sell sofa and wants a domain which is not .com/.net/.info...can only be worth reg fees imo...
thanks a lot for your input. i think people kinda limited its value to the tld. in addition to that, it is also a very brandable name for the user in any country. it is becoming much more popular than other tlds in China since 2014 and many single word or pinyin(Chinese wording) .cm names were sold at $xxxx or more. also more new IT companies develop sites with .cm names. i acquired it in a Chinese auction at 200$ and has received offers of 250-300$ already.
 
0
•••
i've seen more than a dozen of .cm domains sold in March like br.cm, che.cm and 2_3 digits.cm, all at 1000$+. One of the biggest name auction platforms like 4.cn also featured .cm names on homepage.
 
1
•••
May be in Chinese market that can be popular...of course domainers point of view is different most of the time..so try your luck..place it on 4.cn...if lucky, you win..if unlucky, start an IT company.. Just kidding ;)
 
0
•••
haha -- thanks man. I might have to end up with a sofa shop and win.:'(
 
1
•••
I think most of its value might be as a typo of sofa.com (site exists there). Likewise, could be a typo to sofa.cn if a site is ever created for that domain. Still it is a 4 letter strong keyword, so there may be a market for it despite the poor extension. Your enduser pool is greatly depreciated, though, and I wouldn't expect a lot for it (I'm not going to put a number on it, because I think these extensions can be really difficult to predict and I don't do a lot of trading in them).

I agree that your best mode for success might be in creating your own affiliate or similar site - still a strong keyword in the url. The problem, is you might lose a lot of repeat traffic to sofa.com.

EDIT: You could even try selling to Sofa.com??

Hope that helps!
 
Last edited:
0
•••
I think most of its value might be as a typo of sofa.com (site exists there). Likewise, could be a typo to sofa.cn if a site is ever created for that domain. Still it is a 4 letter strong keyword, so there may be a market for it despite the poor extension. Your enduser pool is greatly depreciated, though, and I wouldn't expect a lot for it (I'm not going to put a number on it, because I think these extensions can be really difficult to predict and I don't do a lot of trading in them).
Thanks for your insights!
I agree that your best mode for success might be in creating your own affiliate or similar site - still a strong keyword in the url. The problem said:
EDIT: You could even try selling to Sofa.com??Hope that helps!
Okay i will consider about it.
There are hundreds of famous sofa manufacturers here and there and i would try getting them in touch.

thanks again!
 
1
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
Appraise.net

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back