IT.COM

Snail-Mail listing scam?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I keep getting mail from the "Internet Corporation Listing Service" (icls.net) that looks like a bill for a $35 charge for an "Annual Website Search Engine Listing".

It's not a real bill; it's just a solicitation for their services, but it looks good enough to fool someone. They pick a domain you own and the whole works.

Anyone else getting mail like this? Anyone pay them anything? If so, what happened?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I get From the Canadian Domain Name Registry, basically the best way to avoid this is my using private whois. For example I use the DNOA whois on most of my domains if they do not already have private contacts. I have not seen a spam snail-mail letter since

Good Luck

Iravan

•••
I've received about 3 of these also. They are trying to get people to pay to have their domain listed in search engines. If people read it, then they will not think it's a bill... But it's the people that are just into domains and think it is a bill is where it goes wrong. :(

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back