Dynadot

domain SmartFirewall.com - what could be the real end user price of this domain?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Recently dropped at Snapnames. Auction ended at $1261.

1700487431214.png

Then after a few days the domain is published for sale at Snapnames for $50k.

1700487648438.png

Could you suggest a reasonable end-user price?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
There are only 32 reported "firewall" sales for $26.9k on NameBio.

Most end users use brands.

The upside is limited IMO.

Brad

•••
•••
Looking at it's history, it was for sale for 10,000 GBP for several years and then 18,500 USD. Finally, 1495 USD for about a year before it was finally dropped.

There are several companies, including Norton, offering smart firewalls. Though I'm not sure the term has really caught on. I use Norton and I've always just called it a firewall.

According to GoDaddy appraisal, "Valuable keywords: smart and firewall are high value keywords with an average sale price of $2534 and $1929."

Reasonable, I'd say low to mid $xxxx. $49,995 is more a 'unicorn' price.

•••
Hi

were you bidding in that auction?

imo...
Actually I placed an initial bid, just to see what the final bid would be.
The domain itself looks good for security products, though it contains generic words and is not brandable.

•••
Looking at it's history, it was for sale for 10,000 GBP for several years and then 18,500 USD. Finally, 1495 USD for about a year before it was finally dropped.

There are several companies, including Norton, offering smart firewalls. Though I'm not sure the term has really caught on. I use Norton and I've always just called it a firewall.

According to GoDaddy appraisal, "Valuable keywords: smart and firewall are high value keywords with an average sale price of $2534 and $1929."

Reasonable, I'd say low to mid $xxxx. $49,995 is more a 'unicorn' price.
Thank you for detailed analysis.
Where do you check the sale prices history?
When I discovered this domain, I did not even knew that this is the established software category name.

•••
web.archive.org

They keep an archive of websites. If you go through the history, you can see the for sale pages.

•••
$50 to $375 = Reseller Value Speculation (NOT an end user speculation)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back