Dynadot

advice Skill sets: What to outsource and what to learn/DIY?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

GAhmed

Established Member
Impact
Hi, not sure if I've posted in the correct forum, or if this topic has already been addressed before? If it has, I apologies, and I would be grateful if someone could point me to the relevant thread(s).

I'm new to the world of domain flipping and monetising websites, therefore I am seeking advice, information and guidance in these early days.

For this particular topic, I would like to ask if any of you guys follow a process when producing your monetised websites?

What do you use to produce and maintain the website?
Do you outsource some/all tasks?
What skills should one possess and utilise instead of outsourcing?
What's the time scale producing something yourself vs outsourcing?
What is the time/cost ratio for DIY vs outsourcing?

Basically I am trying to figure out how best to utilise my time for the best results (income and traffic). If you don't feel comfortable sharing your views and advise with everyone, please drop me a private message. If you outsource to reliable individuals, a referral/contact details will be much appreciated :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
In addition to my previous response, I would like to thank you @mr-x and @biggie . I would appreciate an opportunity like this. I like the idea of learning on the job whilst being mentored. I believe in learning through application rather than theory. What are you thinking along the lines of in regards to OJT? How will it work?

Igloo is a very old and well known trademark for coolers. You could build a store selling Igloo coolers but who would shop there? I don't see much demand. In my experience, if you have an interest in a topic, it's easier to develop a website about it.

I'd like to do this publicly for the benefit of others also. Once you've decided on what to do, we'll setup a slack account to manage the project. At the end we'll make all the info public via a blog post on your website.

1. What are your goals?
    1. Build a website to acquire leads
    2. Build a website and sell it - keep good records!
    3. Build a website to sell products ( ecommerce )
  2. What product / service will your website be about?
  3. How much money / resources including time do you have to invest?

•••
Igloo is a very old and well known trademark for coolers. You could build a store selling Igloo coolers but who would shop there? I don't see much demand. In my experience, if you have an interest in a topic, it's easier to develop a website about it.

I'd like to do this publicly for the benefit of others also. Once you've decided on what to do, we'll setup a slack account to manage the project. At the end we'll make all the info public via a blog post on your website.

1. What are your goals?
    1. Build a website to acquire leads
    2. Build a website and sell it - keep good records!
    3. Build a website to sell products ( ecommerce )
  2. What product / service will your website be about?
  3. How much money / resources including time do you have to invest?
@mr-x Sorry, would you like me to answer these questions on this post? I don't feel comfortable answering the last question quite openly...

•••
Just answer the questions you want. PM me your email and we'll move the conversation to slack.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back