Dynadot

question Shortlist % at Squadhelp

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

LunarJump

Established Member
Impact
what do you folks think are healthy shortlist % stats for your premium names on squadhelp?
I have some names that are getting above 10% but one name I thought was strong is sat at 2%
thanks for all

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
what do you folks think are healthy shortlist % stats for your premium names on squadhelp?
I have some names that are getting above 10% but one name I thought was strong is sat at 2%
thanks for all
I would put little to no importance on those shortlist numbers. At best I'd say they're a loose indicator of whether or not you're on the right track with the names you own.

I have a couple names at about 16% (which seems high to me), but they've been sitting there for over a year. Another one that sold a couple months ago had one of my worst shortlist percentages.

•••
What Joe said. In my experience there’s no link between views/shortlists and sales. I’m somewhat sceptical of the whole shortlist thing altogether

•••
If a name gets a lot of traffic then that will affect your shortlist % because most of the hits won't be squadhelp accounts therefore incapable of shortlisting.

•••
If a name gets a lot of traffic then that will affect your shortlist % because most of the hits won't be squadhelp accounts therefore incapable of shortlisting.
Actually it seems that you can shortlist even without a SH account

•••
•••
Shortlist to me if like ebay watchers. It's a good feature but can be misleading to the owner of the product. It certainly means people like the name but they don't like it at all at the current price and would not be upset if someone else got it.

•••
I think it is useful when you apply a discount. All the watchers will be notified about it

•••
Shortlists at Squadhelp are made up metrics, so to be fair I completely ignore them. The only purpose of the so called shortlists is:

(1) to make potential buyers believe that the name they’re looking at is very popular and in high demand which is meant to create a sense of urgency in the buyer, and potentially trigger a quicker purchase;
(2) to keep sellers on the platform by making them believe that something is happening and their names are being seen and liked by potential buyers.

My theory has always been that Squadhelp platform uses a special bot to periodically distribute shortlists among names listed on their PREMIUM marketplace. The proof for that is that STANDARD listings never get any shortlists (Shortlists=ZERO), no matter how good the names are, or how long they’ve stayed listed on the platform. Somehow magically only premium listings ever get shortlisted. Not to mention that I’ve observed glitches with the whole shortlists thing on multiple occasions that made it more than clear that those shortlists cannot be technically likes from real people.

Shortlists are just another way for SH to justify their high commissions, so if I was you I’d completely ignore them.

Last edited:
•••
Shortlists at Squadhelp are made up metrics, so to be fair I completely ignore them. The only purpose of the so called shortlists is:

(1) to make potential buyers believe that the name they’re looking at is very popular and in high demand which is meant to create a sense of urgency in the buyer, and potentially trigger a quicker purchase;
(2) to keep sellers on the platform by making them believe that something is happening and their names are being seen and liked by potential buyers.

My theory has always been that Squadhelp platform uses a special bot to periodically distribute shortlists among names listed on their PREMIUM marketplace. The proof for that is that STANDARD listings never get any shortlists (Shortlists=ZERO), no matter how good the names are, or how long they’ve stayed listed on the platform. Somehow magically only premium listings ever get shortlisted. Not to mention that I’ve observed glitches with the whole shortlists thing on multiple occasions that made it more than clear that those shortlists cannot be technically likes from real people.

Shortlists are just another way for SH to justify their high commissions, so if I was you I’d completely ignore them.
Hi, did you try SH marketplace and also Standard Listings? What's your opinion about them?

thanks!

•••
Back