IT.COM

Shopping for a host

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I am looking for a host but the more I look the more confusing it all looks. I am looking for something relatively inexpensive, east to use, & with good customer support. I already have my own domain and limited HTML experience. Does anyone have any helpful suggestions? :-/ :-/

And, um, oh yeah...what's the difference between cpanel & plesk and what's preferable for someone (who doesn't know the difference like me)??

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If you want to get in contact with me I will be able to set you up with cheap relyable hosting. Contact me at [email protected]

•••
Clarity

Cpanel and Plesk are both decent control panels. However Cpanel has many more features than Plesk. Cpanel comes with one [1] click installation of several shopping carts, forums and various other scripts which Plesk does not have. If you would like to play with a live demo of cpanel or have any other questiions shoot me an email . . .

BTW we can also help you with your web design queries too.

Feel free to email me/us:
[email protected]
[email protected]
Photography by Gus
Uncensored-Hosting

•••
forget these guys. www.cyberpixels.com has hosting plans for cheap. I paid 65 a year plus free registration and domain. The server is great and uses cpanel. techsupport is awesome as the answer most questions within 5 hours. Cyberpixels.com.... I'm a fricken billboard

Two sites on cyberpixel is xoki.net and digitaldramatic.net

•••
hey, i dont want to get in trouble for spam, and im not sure if this is, cus im trying to help you out, but rackunion.com has unbelievable prices, and tons of space, so check it out... im still working on the layout tho... haha not quite finished

•••
My Cup of Tea

<<Mod Note>>Please don't post affiliate links or links to affiliate links. If you were really recommending them companies, then you could easily post a direct link to their websites rather than a link to your own site with affiliate links.<</MOD Note>>

•••
I know we have let this one go, but for future reference, please keep in mind that we don't allow advertising your sites even in threads such as this. The only place you're allowed to do this is in the advertising forums. The thread starter was looking for suggestions based on others experience and not recommendations to your own services anyhow.

Also for members requesting replies/quotes and such from hosts should post a request in the Advertising forums.

The thread starter hasn't replied to this thread so they've probably already found a host, if not, they can start new thread if they want.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back