Well, I cannot walk into a store with my 500 Yen and purchase $5 worth of goods. I would need to go to the bank, time it just right and exchange on the peak. Currencies, as well as precious metals and commodities are apples and oranges. In fact, apples and oranges are fruits, which can be future traded as well.
I'd like to reiterate once more, I compared the mentality of investing in 1 thing (real-estate) as opposed to diversifying (commercial property, homes, apartment complexes, etc.). That is the same with domain name investing.
With the housing bubble, a lot of investors lost money and their homes. Perhaps if they had commercial properties, things may have been different for them. Who knows.
What I was saying is, if you are a domain name investor, don't have 100 drone domain names and 0 other names to back you up on. Much like, don't own 5 homes and 0 commercial properties as there have been numerous bubbles.
A domain name trend is just that, a trend. Some trends make it, such as cloud and some trends don't.
I could care less if drones, holo, etc. make it or not, since I am diversified in trends, generics, LLLL's, LLL's, products, etc.
I merely stated that domain investors with the mentality of purchasing a home on top of a home, like real-estate flippers in the 2000's, will do poorly if the trend does not take off, or they were too late in the game and bought high.
Nowhere did I state domain investing is like real-estate investing. It is the mentality of the investor to know what to invest in and when to call it quits.
Trends can get people sucked in, so stay away.
Diversification in any market will do best.