IT.COM

question Sedo - Transfer on hold - Security check

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I sold a domain at Sedo a few days back. I see this message in the "Transfer Center", just after "Payment request created for buyer" message. Should I assume I am not gonna see the money? :facepalm:
Transfer on hold - Security check
Our system recently flagged the transfer of the domain XXXXX.com due to security reasons.

To make domain transfers as secure as possible for you, we investigate these incidents and sometimes request additional information from involved customers. If your assistance is needed we will contact you separately.

Please note we have temporarily suspended the domain transfer until the security check has been completed. We will inform you as soon as we can proceed with the technical transfer of the domain.

Thank you in advance for your patience during this process.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It means what it means. Sedo has requested additional info. If they get the additional info, the transfer will proceed. As they say, they do it "To make domain transfers as secure as possible for you".
So, if the buyer sends the requested info, the transfer will proceed.

•••
It means what it means. Sedo has requested additional info. If they get the additional info, the transfer will proceed. As they say, they do it "To make domain transfers as secure as possible for you".
So, if the buyer sends the requested info, the transfer will proceed.

I'm currently having same experince.

1648297184033.png

Last edited:
•••
•••
You probably won't get paid.
It's a $53k BIN which should be a WIRE payment. If is fake, then that sucks. Thanks for your response.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back