Dynadot

Sedo Parking Traffic Question

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Anyone know how legit the Sedo unique traffic parking number is?
Can someone fake it very easily?
Does Sedo take safeguards to ensure the traffic is legitimate?

Any info would be appreciated!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Come on fellow Np'ers...You know this stuff.

I'm interested in a high traffic domain, but don't want to get ripped off.

Opinions count!

•••
Though sedo takes security measures to protect traffic quality, there were recent fake attempts recorded as per a report from sedo
Try using random 5 char/digit numbers..thats one of the way that faker used

•••
Easy to fake, but usually either:
a) accomplishes nothing, no one is going to buy sghjsgkjskc.com based on 500000 uniques a month
b) gets caught. Sedo is actually a little over-zealous sometimes.

•••
I don't know anything about this particular case but most unique codes such as this one need to fit a certain algorithm. i.e. 1st number must be a third of the 5th and the 4th must be twice as much as the 2nd. If those algorithms get leaked then yes, they would be quite easy to fake.

•••
Sedo's security measures are sometimes too good.Removed one name from thier parking recently and traffic doubled.

•••
Yeah, I park with Fabulous.com now there set up is way better. I parked and sold with Sedo for quite along time but the last year the unique click throughs and traffic reporting just doesnt add up seems they turn it off or something like that.

Fabulous are hard to park with due to portfolio size but the % per click is higher and traffic is great. I liked Sedo but they do seem to have gone a bit off the ball lately with my lesser domains.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back