Dynadot

Sedo Marketplace Auction Success Rate?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

rikzy jezuli

Established Member
Impact
I know how hard it is to sell a domain name on sedo. But I am not sure how far it can change by listing it on Sedo Marketplace Auction For A fee of 50 USD.

I am talking about Top Keyword domain Name with an estibot appraisal of over 1000 USD and below 2000 USD

I want to know what kind of success i can have by listing on sedo marketplace auction compared to Flippa Domain Auctions. How likely am I to get a bid ?

I am asking this because i have seen Domains that doesnt have keywords, and doesnt sound well go well beyond estibots appraisal on sedo auction.

I googled and i didnt find any useful tips specifically for listing domains on sedo marketplace auctions and also no popular thread on this matter in here as well.

So Is there anyone who has experience listing domains on sedo marketplace auctions, please help me out.

Thank You

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Good question.

It really depends on the domain and the TLD etc.

I have now listed 3 domains (which I thought were decent) on Sedo auctions and have not received a single bid.

I have listed many domains on auction on Flippa and have received bids every single time. Although, in my experience, you wont get high prices on Flippa, you "should" at least receive a bid or two and are likely to sell your domain. I am not talking SUPER PREMIUM domains, just normal, decent 1-2 word keyword domains.

I am still trying to figure Sedo out. I am just not sure how such a lot of domains gets sold on Sedo for decent prices. Maybe a "Homepage Showcase" is the way to go instead of paying $59 for a direct auction.

Like many others have said on here, you should do some outbound marketing before or in the early stages of an auction, although, I have never had to do this when listing on Flippa

•••
Sellers on Sedo can send a domain to auction and then it is auctioned as "reserve met" not the same as paying the $59 for a direct auction which seems to be pretty much useless.

•••
Good question.

It really depends on the domain and the TLD etc.

I have now listed 3 domains (which I thought were decent) on Sedo auctions and have not received a single bid.

I have listed many domains on auction on Flippa and have received bids every single time. Although, in my experience, you wont get high prices on Flippa, you "should" at least receive a bid or two and are likely to sell your domain. I am not talking SUPER PREMIUM domains, just normal, decent 1-2 word keyword domains.

I am still trying to figure Sedo out. I am just not sure how such a lot of domains gets sold on Sedo for decent prices. Maybe a "Homepage Showcase" is the way to go instead of paying $59 for a direct auction.

Like many others have said on here, you should do some outbound marketing before or in the early stages of an auction, although, I have never had to do this when listing on Flippa

About the domains you have listed on Sedo Auction....

Has auctions ended or still in progress? If your auctions are still in progress there is still a chance of getting bid/bids in the last hour. Most of my auctions on flippa has got bids in the last hour so i think this is the case here.

•••
Sellers on Sedo can send a domain to auction and then it is auctioned as "reserve met" not the same as paying the $59 for a direct auction which seems to be pretty much useless.

ONLY if you get an offer on your domain first.

•••
Take a look at the auction list and sort by bids. You'll get an idea of what type of domains people are looking for there.

•••
About the domains you have listed on Sedo Auction....

Has auctions ended or still in progress? If your auctions are still in progress there is still a chance of getting bid/bids in the last hour. Most of my auctions on flippa has got bids in the last hour so i think this is the case here.

No dude, 2 ended long time ago and 1 has 2 days left.

•••
I've used SEDO for 12 years and have never had a successful auction. Probably more about my domains.. but auction buyers there are not end users.

•••
Take a look at the auction list and sort by bids. You'll get an idea of what type of domains people are looking for there.

Done..
Generic one word TLD domain or premium two words with more than 10 years old age .com
And 2L, 3L domains. Piuft....

Last edited:
•••
Done..
Generic one word TLD domain or two words with more than 10 years old age .com
And 2L, 3L domains. Piuft....

Yeah, so in human terms...PREMIUM domains only (if youre lucky).

•••
For sedo direct auction,
I would like to know that if our domain get bid(s) and suppose you do not sell it due to reserve not met.

Then will that bids on your domain will remain in future ( as namejet ) or the bids will get cancelled?

Thanks.

•••
For sedo direct auction,
I would like to know that if our domain get bid(s) and suppose you do not sell it due to reserve not met.

Then will that bids on your domain will remain in future ( as namejet ) or the bids will get cancelled?

Thanks.
"Bid" will be cancelled if unsold (reserve not met), "Offers" from your listing on sedo will be remained

•••
From my experience, In order to minimize costs you should try on Godaddy.com auctions first: no reserve - no fee, and if you want to set a resever price, you just pay $4.99 for a domain only. Godaddy.com auctions very big, like a SEA, you can learn manythings from there before you do something more (money/time) for your domains business.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back