Dynadot

sales Sedo domain sales report x 3 weeks!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
While some names sound good, I really couldn't understand how the names that are sold for higher amount sold at that price when good names are sold for lesser.

•••
While some names sound good, I really couldn't understand how the names that are sold for higher amount sold at that price when good names are sold for lesser.

Because the sellers had the @@ to ask for more. :xf.cool:

•••
And sometimes if a name/sale looks odd, it could simply be a company name, past history, links etc. Usually just Googling the name you can figure out why, like the TopFX.eu name mentioned above. Big company

Last edited:
•••
A lot of us have a personal bias or preference of what is a good vs. a bad domain. Many domains can be very surprising in terms of sales price. But one thing is certain: if you don't ask for $xxx,xxx you are not going to get it.

Last edited:
•••
And sometimes if a name/sale looks odd, it could simply be a company name, past history, links etc. Usually just Googling the name you can figure out why, like the TopFX.eu name mentioned above. Big company
That sounded good. But the next list which has passthehat seems to be just forwarded to another site (May be it has good backlinks but how would that help if it was irrelevant, and the other one id-mag looks like used for a business site which they could have easily got a different name.

•••
A lot of us have a personal bias or preference on what is a good vs. a bad domain. Many domains can be very surprising in terms of sales price. But one thing is certain: if you don't ask for $xxx,xxx you are not going to get it.
That is so true. As long as the right buyer is not there we will not get even $50 for the domain. But when the buyer wants the particular domain they would be ready to pay the amount it deserves. We just need to wait for that right buyer and time.

•••
I really couldn't understand how the names that are sold for higher amount sold at that price
Hi

it's pointless, unless you know the buyer and the seller personally.

i just sit back and watch the bar go higher
and it does, my prices become more justifiable
:)

imo...

•••
If a person is working on a project and he falls in love with a certain name, especially if friends and family love the name too, he will spend a lot of money on that name.

People ask a similar question when they see a man or woman get married to someone they feel was a bad choice compared to the other options they would have. Sometimes people see things in things or people that they alone see.

Also pay attention to what @Acroplex said. If you don't ask for it, you won't get it.

Nobody sold a name for 50k when they were asking 2k for it.

•••
my prices become more justifiable
:)

imo...
Very true. I was assuming my domains were not sold may be because I quoted high price. Now understood that just the demand for those names are not yet has come and so it didn't.
I too have raised the price of some of my domains to a reasonable level and just going to leave it to be sold when someone needs it.

•••
Also pay attention to what @Acroplex said. If you don't ask for it, you won't get it.

Nobody sold a name for 50k when they were asking 2k for it.
Yep. That was a good point. After going through the sales data I understood how demand drives the price of the domain than how we look at the domain. Now I understood that waiting for the right buyer pays off.

•••
Lots of stinkers sell mostly because of seo/link/juice/history.

This creates a false impression to newbies that anything will sell.

•••
Lots of stinkers sell mostly because of seo/link/juice/history.

This creates a false impression to newbies that anything will sell.
Yep. I really don't believe in random short names anytime, though there is a small chance for that random short name to get a meaning one day.

•••
architect.run 3699 USD

That mean the building he designed about to collapse? strange.

•••
architect.run 3699 USD

That mean the building he designed about to collapse? strange.
maybe he specializes in designing places where people run? Maybe he thinks that his designs make people run to the place? Maybe his last name is run? Maybe he teaches people how to run an architect firm.

My point is sometimes people can see things in names that we might not find interesting but to them it's the coolest thing ever.

Last edited:
•••
My point is sometimes people can see things in names that we might not find interesting but to them it's the coolest thing ever.
Hi

that's true.

often, we may look a domain from a domainers perspective and apply all those silly metrics to it, in effort to figure why it has value or sold for certain amount.

but the buyer/potential enduser, may envision something that's entirely different to use the name for.

imo....

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back